William Patalon III
William (Bill) Patalon III is the Executive Editor and Senior Research Analyst for Money Morning. Before he moved into the investment-research business in December 2005, Bill spent 22 years as a journalist, most of it covering financial news as a reporter, columnist, and editor that included stints with Gannett Co. Inc., and The Baltimore Sun.
Bill has covered finance and investing, economics, manufacturing, the defense sector, biotechnology, and telecommunications. The companies he’s covered include Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Harley-Davidson, Caterpillar, Westinghouse Electric, Verizon, MedImmune, and Black & Decker.
His most-memorable interviews include: former President Richard M. Nixon, General Electric CEO John F. “Jack” Welch, Forbes magazine publisher and former Presidential candidate Steve Forbes, and business-turnaround specialist and helicopter-industry pioneer Stanley Hiller Jr.
It was Bill’s work covering Eastman Kodak Co., during the last half of the 1990s that solidified his reputation as one of the nation’s top analytical business journalists. With his award-winning reports on Kodak’s competitive travails, he consistently scooped his competitors in the national business media. His chronicles of Kodak’s turnaround efforts took him to China, Japan, Silicon Valley, New York, Washington, D.C., and even Hollywood.
His work has appeared in Kiplinger’s personal finance magazine, USA Today, and The South China Morning Post, among other publications. A winner of approximately two-dozen journalism awards – including top honors from The Associated Press and the prestigious Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW). Patalon is also the co-author of the Prentice Hall book, "Contrarian Investing: How to Buy and Sell When Others Won’t and Make Money Doing It." Before taking over Money Morning, he served as the editor of The Rebound Report, an investment newsletter focusing on turnaround stocks.
Today Bill is the creator and editor of Private Briefing. With his latest project, he takes you "behind the scenes" of his established investment news website for a closer look at the action. Members get all the expert analysis and exclusive scoops he can't publish… and some of the most valuable picks that turn up in Bill's closed-door sessions with editors and experts.
Bill has a BA in Print Journalism from Penn State University, and an MBA in finance from the Rochester Institute of Technology. He lives near Baltimore with his wife Robin and son Joey.
William'S LATEST HEADLINES
- California Man Wins Inaugural "Predict the Dow" Contest … With Help From a Surprising Source
- New Poll Says Washington Has Done a Lousy Job During the Debt-Ceiling Debate – But What Do You Think?
- The Facebook IPO: Why Facebook Subscribers Should Get a Piece of the Action
- Don't Get Suckered by Wall Street's Wimpy Gold Price Forecasts
- Predict the Dow Contest Update: Where Do You Think the Dow Will Close?
- Predict the Dow, Win a "Tablet"
- LNG Imports: We Predicted How Japan Would Ease its Energy Crisis
- Special Report: How to Invest in the Wake of the Japan Disaster
- With its DVR Memory Expander, Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) Brings an End to "Recorder's Remorse"
- German Business Confidence Hits a Two-Decade High – Just One Day After Money Morning Rates the Country a "Buy"