Featured StoryWhen I review each of the world's emerging markets in order to decide which ones to buy in 2011, I start with two questions:
- Is the market cheap?
- And has it under-performed over the past year?
If the answer is "yes" for both those questions, that market is much more likely to get my vote.
But with every rule, there are also exceptions. As we will see.
To discover the one market you can't afford to ignore in the New Year, please read on...
As the Rescue of the Chilean Miners Shows, this South American Country is Superbly Managed and an Enticing Investment
The efficient, well-managed rescue of the 33 Chilean miners was an affecting spectacle for the world. It also should remind us that Chile is a well-run country, and that in an era when commodities are ever more important to the global economy, it is becoming an essential part of investors' portfolios.
To find out how investors can cash in on this emerging economic powerhouse read on...
- It's Time to Invest in Chile and Colombia – Latin America's Reigning 'Good Guys' Looking for the next emerging markets set to skyrocket? Look no further than Chile and Colombia. That's right, thanks to recent elections, these two countries are ready to lead growth in Latin America. Read this report to find out exactly where to invest... Read More...
Dr. Copper's Diagnosis: A Strong Recovery
As stocks have slipped lower over the last three months, copper has bucked the broad trend and broken the pattern of lower highs and lower lows it set in the spring.
After bottoming on June 7, the iPath Dow Jones-UBS Copper Subindex Total Return ETN - which closely tracks copper futures - has gained more than 12.2%. In the same span, the Russell 2000 small cap stock index has lost 0.6%.
The red metal is nicknamed Dr. Copper for its ability to peer around the corner and act as a leading indicator for the global economy. And right now, the commodity with a Ph.D. in economics seems to be saying the future looks bright. Is the trend set to continue?
It's Time to Invest in Chile and Colombia – Latin America's Reigning 'Good Guys'
For decades, investors with an interest in Latin America were essentially limited to two choices: Invest in countries that were moderately badly run; or invest in countries that were truly dreadfully run.
Most recently, it's been the "dreadfully run" group that seems to be attracting new members: Bolivia, Ecuador and Nicaragua have subscribed to the economic and political doctrines of Hugo Chavez's Venezuela.
However, two elections this year have created a new category of Latin American country - the "truly well run" class - and installed the first two members: Chile and Colombia. As investors, we should rejoice, make them part of our portfolio, and keep an eagle eye out for other countries that may join this promising new category - the "good guys."
For an overview of the two Latin America stocks to buy now, please read on... Read More...
How to Profit in Any Kind of Market
When it comes to the global financial crisis, many so-called "experts" think the worst is behind us. But I don't buy it.
And I'm not alone.
Just look at what some other big-name investors - each also known for their independent thinking - are saying or doing right now:
- Bond king Bill Gross is nervous and raising cash.
- Author, commentator and global-markets guru Jim Rogers has repeatedly said that he's not investing in stocks anywhere in the world right now.
- Hedge-fund heavyweight John Paulson is moving aggressively into gold.
- And investing icon Warren Buffett - never one known for tipping his hand - is candidly stating that the U.S. financial-crisis cleanup is far from complete. The fact that he's reportedly buying more shares of Korean steel dynamo Posco (NYSE ADR: PKX) would punctuate this point.
This kind of uncertainty can be paralyzing, making it tough to decide where - or even if - we should deploy our investments.
Fortunately, we've been here before. And what we learned will allow us to profit no matter what the financial future holds for the U.S. marketplace.
To learn the four secrets to investing success, please read on... Read More...
- Bond king Bill Gross is nervous and raising cash.
Four Ways to Profit From the World's Shrewdest Government
Three powerful investment trends will separate the winners from the losers in the new year.
- Global commodities prices will continue to move higher.
- Emerging economies will outgrow their richer, more-mature counterparts.
- And the countries that were stingy with their monetary and fiscal bailout plans will now reap the benefits; they will outpace the countries that slashed their interest rates to zero and allowed their deficits to soar.
I'm talking about Chile. Read More...
- Chile's $17 Billion Sovereign Wealth Fund Diversifying; Investors Following the Money for Turnaround Profits By Mike CaggesoAssociate Editor Chile said it has begun diversifying its two sovereign wealth funds valued at more than $17 billion – with 20% to be invested in corporate bonds and 15% in stocks by the end of the year. "We are in transition to a new strategy," Eric Parrado, International Finance Coordinator at Chile's […] Read More...