dividend paying stocks
Dividend Stocks: These 25 Companies Just Increased Their Payouts
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - December 10, 2013
Dividend stocks update: For The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) shareholders, it was the happiest place on earth last week when the 90-year-old company announced its 58th consecutive dividend payment increase.To continue reading, please click here...
Dividend Stocks: 25 Companies That Just Increased Their Payouts
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - December 3, 2013
It's been a good year to own stocks, with markets hitting record highs. But investors holding dividend stocks have profited the most.
Even better, if the market pulls back from those record highs, dividend stocks typically perform better during a correction than non-dividend paying stocks.To continue reading, please click here...
These 25 Dividend Stocks Just Boosted Their Payouts
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - November 25, 2013
More and more companies today seek to attract investors by offering dividend payouts - and yield-hungry investors love their dividend stocks.
The Wall Street Journal noted on Nov. 18 that 51 of the top 100 Nasdaq stocks currently pay dividends. That's in stark contrast to December 1999, when a mere nine of the top 100 Nasdaq companies paid dividends.To continue reading, please click here...
These Dividend-Paying Stocks Just Hiked Their Payouts
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - November 15, 2013
The top dividend-paying stocks offer more than high yield. They also steadily raise their dividends.
Companies that continue to grow dividends are the "best compounders," Don Kilbride, portfolio manager of the Vanguard Dividend Growth Fund, told Barron's.
With that in mind, check out the following list of high-yield dividend stocks that increased their payouts so far in November.To continue reading, please click here...
Dividend Stocks That Raised Payouts in October 2013
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - November 5, 2013
With so many factors triggering market uncertainty, like the timing of the Fed taper and a lackluster earnings season, investors continue to love their dividend stocks - especially with so many raising payouts in October.
It's an interesting time for dividend seekers. According to Fidelity Investments, corporate cash balances sit at some $1.8 trillion - the highest in history. Yet, payout ratios are still at 50-year lows. That suggests there's plenty of room for dividends to rise.To continue reading, please click here...
26 Dividend-Paying Stocks That Just Hiked Their Payout
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - October 2, 2013
How to Find the Best Tech Dividend Stocks
- By David Zeiler, Associate Editor, Money Morning - October 1, 2013
5 Dividend Stocks to Buy Now
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - September 13, 2013
These Dividend-Paying Stocks Deliver Yield and Growth
- By Tim Melvin, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - August 12, 2013
When you think of growth profit plays you do not ordinarily think they could also make for solid dividend-paying stocks as well.
Growth stocks are high-flying market darlings with some exciting new product or service that is driving spectacular earnings growth.Read More...
Why Not All Stocks That Pay High Dividends Are the Best "Buys"
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - August 5, 2013
Sure Feels Good to Be Investing in Dividend Stocks
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - July 19, 2013
"Secret" Double-Digit Income Stocks
- By Martin Hutchinson, Global Investing Specialist, Money Morning - June 26, 2013
Dividend Stocks 2013: See if Your Favorite Just Raised Its Payout
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - June 18, 2013
An insatiable hunt for yield amid five-plus years of near-zero interest rates has sent scores of investors to dividend stocks.
The shift has led many companies to place a greater importance on dividends. Dividends are now a larger portion of companies' total payouts, ahead of share buybacks, than in past market rallies.Read More...
Four of the Best Tech Dividend Stocks to Invest In Right Now
- By Gary Gately, Associate Editor, Money Morning - May 29, 2013
In fact, if you had invested $10,000 in Microsoft in 1986 and the same amount in Cisco in 1990, you could have turned your $20,000 into about $8 million today.Read More...
Dividend Stocks 2013: Why 81% of S&P 500 Companies Want to Pay You
- By Diane Alter, Contributing Writer, Money Morning - May 23, 2013
More and more S&P 500 companies are turning into dividend stocks, as yield-producing investments are becoming the hottest attraction in 2013.
Collective dividends per share for Standard & Poor's 500 companies increased roughly 16% year-over-year in 2012. Meanwhile, the number of companies paying a dividend over that period reached a new 13-year high of 405, or roughly 81% of the S&P 500, data from Factset shows.Read More...
dividend paying stocks