Gold Prices 2013
- Higher Gold Prices and Coin Sales Point to Growing Gold Rush Gold soared 3.5% last week after Congress finally reached a deal to raise the debt ceiling -- assuring that the U.S. debt will continue to balloon. But the respite to Washington's budget woes is only temporary, and that has the gold bugs licking their chops. Here's why the next round of budget battles will be good for gold...
Why Gold Prices Fell Yesterday
Gold prices seem to have stabilized today, trading once again above the $1,300 an ounce mark.
This follows a tumble yesterday of more than $40 an ounce to as low as $1,284 an ounce. That price was nearly a two-month low and put the precious metal down 23% in 2013.
At that level, gold was trading more than $50 below its 50-day moving average. To technical analysts, this confirmed the downtrend in the precious metal, bringing about a wave of selling by those who strictly follow the charts.
However, there were factors at play in gold's selloff other than technical selling.To continue reading click here...
How Gold, Oil, and Syria Really Mix… Plus "3 Strikes Against Apple"
The markets are very complicated at the moment, which is why now's an ideal time to reach into the Money Morning Mailbag and address your concerns.
The goal here is simple: To provide understandable, actionable, and, of course, profitable answers to your thoughtful and extremely insightful questions.
Read More... Read More...
- The "Smart Money" Is Buying Hard-Hit Gold Stocks Now Thanks to the crisis in Syria, gold prices have had a nice run lately. But now, with Wall Street in the middle of another "hate gold" campaign, is it time to buy or sell the yellow metal? This is what some of the world's top investors are doing... Read more... Read More...
Gold Price News Today
Today the gold price seems to be taking a break from its recent run-up, but not before briefly pushing past the psychologically important $1,400 level.
Following a 1.8% surge on Friday, gold prices hit $1,407 in trading in Asia early this morning (Monday) and then pulled back to $1,390 before settling at about $1,395 an ounce.Read More...
- Gold Bugs Will Love What This Chart Says About Gold Prices We've been recommending gold shares for months, ever since prices collapsed in April. But if last week’s “gold convergence” wasn’t enough to convince you, yet another catalyst is pushing prices higher. Read more... Read More...
Short-Term Gold Price Outlook is Bullish
Gold continues its short-term rally as assurances from Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke that QE3 remains alive kept the precious metal on track for its first weekly advance in a month.
After Bernanke's pronouncements, gold prices jumped by 2.6% to $1,299 per ounce, marking a fourth winning day in a row - gold's longest winning streak since mid-March.
In turn, the U.S. dollar dropped sharply because Bernanke indicated the Fed isn't in any hurry to raise interest rates.
You see, gold prices and the dollar are connected: a weaker dollar helps dollar-denominated commodities because it makes them less expensive to buy for holders of other types of currencies. Demand also increases for gold as a hedge against a drop in the dollar's value.Read More...
Will Gold Prices Rise in 2013?
Will gold prices rise in 2013, or will the bear market continue in the second half of the year?
The bears have certainly been loud this year, as short-term bets against gold paid off in the first half of 2013. Gold lost 27% in Q1, the worst first-half performance since 1981.Read More...
- Stay the Course with Gold as Mixed Signals Move Markets Gold has become extremely oversold as it falls below $1,200 an ounce. But based on simple math, it’s due for a reversal… Read more... Read More...
- This Gold Prices Chart Answers a Classic Question This gold prices chart compares the yellow metal to two other measures to find out if indeed gold is in a bubble. You must see the answer… Read more... Read More...
Jim Rogers on Investing in Gold 2013
Money Morning Executive Editor William Patalon III recently had a chance to catch up with famed investor Jim Rogers on investing in gold, U.S. stocks, and the best commodities for 2013.
Renowned commodities investor Rogers is concerned about the worldwide economy, but he's not worried about the recent sell off in gold.
In fact, he stands poised to pounce on the yellow metal should it fall further.Read More...
Jim Rogers on Gold Prices 2013
With the yellow metal down about 14% this year, wouldn't it be great to get the scoop from famed investor Jim Rogers on gold prices in 2013- specifically, why they're down, and if investors should still bet on a long-term gold bull market?
We had a chance to ask Rogers those very questions last weekend.
Sunday evening, Money Morning Executive Editor William Patalon III spoke on the phone with Rogers - who was at his home in Singapore - in a wide-ranging discussion about gold, U.S. stocks, commodities and global central banks' "race to the bottom" - or, as Rogers calls it, "race to insanity."
In this exclusive interview, the legendary investment guru took us on a tour of the gold market, taking a close look at what's driven the past 12 years of gold price gains - and what will move the yellow metal going forward.
He also pointed out the one fundamental reason why gold prices fell recently...Read More...