investing in gold 2013
Gold Price News Today
Today the gold price seems to be taking a break from its recent run-up, but not before briefly pushing past the psychologically important $1,400 level.
Following a 1.8% surge on Friday, gold prices hit $1,407 in trading in Asia early this morning (Monday) and then pulled back to $1,390 before settling at about $1,395 an ounce.Read More...
- Gold Bugs Will Love What This Chart Says About Gold Prices We've been recommending gold shares for months, ever since prices collapsed in April. But if last week’s “gold convergence” wasn’t enough to convince you, yet another catalyst is pushing prices higher. Read more... Read More...
- Investing in Gold Mining Companies: Don't Ignore This Number Gold mining stocks have likely bottomed, with gold prices stabilizing and miners reversing losses. Here’s how to find the best picks…Read More...
- This Gold Prices Chart Answers a Classic Question This gold prices chart compares the yellow metal to two other measures to find out if indeed gold is in a bubble. You must see the answer… Read more... Read More...
Jim Rogers on Investing in Gold 2013
Money Morning Executive Editor William Patalon III recently had a chance to catch up with famed investor Jim Rogers on investing in gold, U.S. stocks, and the best commodities for 2013.
Renowned commodities investor Rogers is concerned about the worldwide economy, but he's not worried about the recent sell off in gold.
In fact, he stands poised to pounce on the yellow metal should it fall further.Read More...
Jim Rogers on Gold Prices 2013
With the yellow metal down about 14% this year, wouldn't it be great to get the scoop from famed investor Jim Rogers on gold prices in 2013- specifically, why they're down, and if investors should still bet on a long-term gold bull market?
We had a chance to ask Rogers those very questions last weekend.
Sunday evening, Money Morning Executive Editor William Patalon III spoke on the phone with Rogers - who was at his home in Singapore - in a wide-ranging discussion about gold, U.S. stocks, commodities and global central banks' "race to the bottom" - or, as Rogers calls it, "race to insanity."
In this exclusive interview, the legendary investment guru took us on a tour of the gold market, taking a close look at what's driven the past 12 years of gold price gains - and what will move the yellow metal going forward.
He also pointed out the one fundamental reason why gold prices fell recently...Read More...
- Central Banks to Keep Investing in Gold – as Should You The world's central bank gold buying has been a huge reason for investing in gold. Here's where they stand now, after the price plunge. Read more... Read More...
Investing in Gold: Here's What to Do Now
Gold prices tumbled $140.40, or 9.4%, to $1360.60 an ounce. This brought the two-day decline to $203.70, or 13%.
- The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting minutes that came out last week suggested the central bank may start scaling back its monetary stimulus measures later this year, reducing inflationary pressures.
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (NYSE: GS) last week cut its 2013 average gold forecast, for the second time, to $1,545 from $1,610. Investors like to dump the metal after the release of bearish research.
- There have been rumors financially strapped Cyprus was selling 400 million euros of gold, 75% of its reserves to raise cash.
Gold prices ended the drastic two-day decline Tuesday, up nearly 2% to $1,387.40.Read More...