Pump Prices Are Rising Quickly: Counterattack Now
Since the early 1970s, most major oil deals have been transacted in "petrodollars."
But that system has become increasingly challenged in recent years.
The conflict in Ukraine right now has only served to exacerbate things.
As America leads the charge to impose Western sanctions on Russia, it's a plan that's not only backfiring, but leading to opportunities for those who understand the consequences...Full Story...
The Eagle Ford Shale Will Boost These Oil Stock Prices in 2014
The Eagle Ford shale formation in Southern Texas is experiencing an unprecedented oil boom. With a daily output of more than 1.36 million barrels, it's the largest oil formation in the U.S.
It's helping make the U.S. the world's top oil producer and making oil companies even richer in the process.For investors, that production will have a profound impact on these three oil stock prices in 2014...
This Texas Play Has All the Components of a Massive Energy Investing Winner
Marina and I returned home from Houston late Wednesday night. After trips to London and Mexico City, we were tired to say the least... but also very excited.
That's because our latest trip allowed us to spend several days visiting the initial drilling sites for Money Map Project #1 in South and East Texas.To continue reading, please click here...
Alert: These Energy Stocks Are Most at Risk in the Ukraine Crisis
The Ukraine crisis has taken another turn.
A referendum is now set to take place on Sunday (March 16) to decide if the Crimean peninsula will become part of Russia, and the outcome is hardly in doubt.The overwhelming majority of the population there is Russian ethnic, speaks Russian, and will almost certainly vote in huge numbers to become part of Russia.
EPL Oil & Gas (NYSE: EPL) Soars 30% on $2.3 Billion Deal with Energy XXI (Nasdaq: EXXI)
EPL Oil & Gas Inc. (NYSE: EPL) agreed to be bought by main rival Energy XXI Ltd (Nasdaq: EXXI) Wednesday in a $2.3 billion deal billed as creating the biggest publicly owned independent oil producer on the U.S. Gulf of Mexico shelf.
Energy XXI said it expects an enterprise value of about $6 billion after the deal is closed.To continue reading, please click here...
Chevron's (NYSE: CVX) Annual Analyst Meeting Warns of Lingering Shifts in LNG Prices, Oil Prices
Chevron (NYSE: CVX), the nation's second-largest oil company and the world's fourth-largest energy producer by market value, cut expectations for its 2017 production by 6.1% at its annual security analyst meeting today (Tuesday), citing a drop in LNG prices and an increase in oil prices.
Over the last several months, the petrochemical company, along with industry competitors, has been shelling out huge amounts of cash to raise natural gas and oil production.To continue reading, please click here...
U.S. Oil Futures Today: Watch Them Soar on These Two Factors
Today (Monday), U.S. oil futures hit a five-month high on fallout from the Ukraine conflict, further supported by inclement weather across the United States.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX), West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude for delivery in April rose to a session high of $104.65 a barrel, the highest since Sept. 23.To continue reading, please click here...
- The Energy Potential in Ukraine's Troubles Few people realize that a major part of the crisis in Ukraine is energy-related - and very messy. And it will make any resolution that much more difficult. But just as concerning is what this crisis will do to the global energy markets...
Why the Rising Tide in Oil Hasn't Been as Good for Offshore Drilling Ventures
The spread between West Texas Intermediate (WTI) and Brent continues to narrow.
Thanks to additional new U.S. pipeline capacity and the growing volume of oil product exports from American refineries, the glut of excess storage at Cushing, Okla., is shrinking.
This ongoing glut has been the single biggest reason why WTI trades at a discount to Brent. As I write this, WTI is approaching $104 a barrel and Brent $111.
With crude oil prices continuing to rise, you would think that would be good news for both onshore and offshore drilling ventures.But it's just not so, at least in the short term...
These Top LNG Stocks Trounced the Markets in January 2014
The broader markets had a dismal month of January - the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 5.3% and the S&P 500 dipped 3.6% - but these liquefied natural gas (LNG) stocks all boasted strong returns.
The outlook for LNG stocks continues to look bright as well. Increased demand for natural gas in China, the increased supply of shale gas in the United States, and the high number of export facilities awaiting approval for construction in the United States are all bullish signs for LNG investors.
These five LNG stocks vastly outperformed the markets in January and have room to continue upward...To continue reading, please click here...
- Why the Keystone XL Crude Oil Pipeline Deal Is Far from Done Just because the State Department has decided that the Keystone XL pipeline would not have a major environmental impact, that's not the last word. And despite ongoing opposition, it's clear that the Keystone is the best way to get the crude oil from Canada's oil sands to the U.S Gulf Coast. It just needs to get past these last political hurdles...
Keystone Pipeline Gets Step Closer to Approval – Which Is Good News for These Investors
Keystone XL pipeline supporters - who have been waiting years for this project to be completed - just received good news from the U.S. Department of State.
The Keystone pipeline is 1,179 miles long and would connect heavy crude oil from bitumen deposits in Canada to the southeastern refining network of the United States. While the southern portion has been built, the northern section requires approval given its cross-border passage.To continue reading, please click here...
- The Best "Yardstick" for Picking Oil and Gas Stocks to Buy Determining fair value is vital when deciding whether a stock is a good buy or not. In the case of energy stocks, there happens to be a yardstick investors can use to bring home market-beating trades time and time again. And the best part is, hardly anyone else is using it...
- Two of Today's Best Investments in the Growing Trend of Energy Security We've seen how the U.S. shale oil and gas boom has created a lot of new investing opportunities in the energy sector. As U.S. production soars, however, so do the risks to the infrastructure required to get the oil and gas out of the ground and into people's homes and autos. Now energy security is growing into a handsome profit opportunity of its own...
- Two Stocks to Buy to Tap Into the Massive Wolfcamp Shale Texas has some of the biggest shale oil reserves in the country. And new discoveries in one of those, the Wolfcamp formation, has stunned many energy experts. This shale oil formation is now thought to be the second-largest in the world. And two companies already operating there will be first in line for the profits...