Start the conversation
The Dow Jones today projected a 61-point decline as investors prepared for the president's announcement on Iran. According to European diplomats, U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to withdraw the United States from the deal, despite the fact that rejecting the pact is likely to foster an international crisis.
As global upheaval continues to rock market, gold has staged a strong resurgence as a holder and protector of personal wealth. Money Morning Liquidity Specialist Lee Adler believes gold is on the verge of a tremendous breakout as the geopolitical landscape changes. Check out Lee's predictions for gold's next more here…
Here are the numbers from Monday for the Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq:
|Index||Previous Close||Point Change||Percentage Change|
Now here's a closer look at today's Money Morning insight, most important market events, and stocks to watch…
MUST SEE: Watch this guy officially become $1,050 richer in 15 seconds… $940 richer in 11 seconds… $1,260 richer in eight seconds… and $988 richer in seven seconds! Then discover how you could do this all yourself. Click here…
Money Morning Insight of the Day
Money Morning's No. 1 stock analyst has a stunning announcement. He's turning away from stocks. Yes… he's done with stocks. The reason: Shah has been working for eight years on a life-changing system that makes money on the broader S&P 500… and it's 93% accurate when predicting the ups and down of that index seven days in advance. This is revolutionary… and it's going to make a very select group of people incredible wealth. There are just a few spots left.
The Top Stock Market Stories for Tuesday
- President Trump will announce today if he will pull the United States out of the Obama-era nuclear deal. Trump wants European members of the treaty to amend certain issues regarding Iran's uranium enrichment capacity. Energy stocks and oil prices had been rising on speculation that Trump would slap Iran again with economic sanctions, disrupting the region's oil production.
- Comcast Corp. (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is currently working to obtain enough capital to purchase certain assets of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc. (NYSE: FOXA). The ability to raise capital would allow Comcast to replace Disney's $52 billion bid for the many of Fox's key businesses.
- Markets are reacting to a speech made this morning by U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell. During a speech in Zurich, Switzerland, Powell said that rising U.S. interest rates would not have a significant impact on emerging markets and foreign stock markets. This has long been a concern for other nations as the U.S. dollar rises and American bonds become more attractive to international investors.
Four Stocks to Watch Today: DIS, C, SNAP
- The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) will lead another busy day of earnings reports today. Investors will be exploring the impact of recent price hikes at the company's theme parks, as well as the ongoing concerns about cable cutting and how this trend affects ESPN. Markets anticipate that the company will report earnings per share of $1.68 on top of $14.23 billion in revenue.
- Shares of Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) are on the move. The uptick came after activist investor ValueAct announced a $1.2 billion stake in the investment bank. Citigroup shares were up 1.2% in pre-market hours.
- Shares of Snap Inc. (NYSE: SNAP) gained 1% in pre-market hours. The owner of social media giant Snapchat said that its CFO Drew Vollero will step down next week. The executive will be replaced by a financial executive at Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN). Snap continues to face incredible pressures after the firm fell short of subscriber growth expectations when it reported earnings last week.
- Look for additional earnings reports from Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: EA), TripAdvisor Inc. (Nasdaq: TRIP), Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. (NYSE: VRX), Monster Beverage Corp. (Nasdaq: MNST), Marriott International Inc. (NYSE: MAR), Fossil Inc. (Nasdaq: FOSL), JD.com Inc. (Nasdaq: JD), Strum, Ruger & Co. (NYSE: RGR), and LendingClub Corp. (NYSE: LC).
Eight Seconds… $1,260 Richer: Words can't describe what you'll see in this shocking footage – because you'll witness, live on camera, one man become $4,238 richer with just three clicks of a mouse. And if you follow the simple instructions in this video, you'll learn how to set yourself up for an instant $2,918 payday opportunity. You need to see this to believe it…