Start the conversation
The Dow Jones today jumped over 100 points in pre-market trading on Monday as investors pushed to lock in last week's late-stage rally. A better-than-expected jobs report and the start of Q2 earnings season pushed markets higher last week, with the Dow Jones closing up over 100 points on Friday.
As earnings season kicks off, we're taking a close look at the best dividend stocks available on the market today. We've identified three dividend stocks that are overlooked – and incredibly profitable. Check them out here…
Here are the numbers from Friday for the Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq:
|Index||Previous Close||Point Change||Percentage Change|
Now here's a closer look at today's Money Morning insight, the most important market events, and stocks to watch.
Don't Miss: This secret stock-picking method is so good, if you started with a small stake, a string of these picks could have earned you $1.2 million. Find out how it's done…
Money Morning Insight of the Day
In the coming weeks, Canada will legalize recreational marijuana. It will be the first major Western nation to take this leap and will open up a market that will eventually be worth more than $20 billion… Do you want a cut of that money?
Now is the time to act. Get out in front of the green wave, and own this stock. It's legal. The recommendation is free. And you have the opportunity to become a "Marijuana Millionaire" with very little risk. Here's the pick.
The Top Stock Market Stories for Monday
- Tariffs are overshadowing the start of earnings season. This week, a variety of Wall Street banks, consumer goods, and airline companies report for the previous quarter. While profits are expected to remain strong, the outlook for the rest of the year is expected to take into account the impact of tariffs on global trade. This is likely to weigh on investor sentiment.
- According to a report from real estate giant REIS Inc., mall vacancies have hit a six-year high at 8.6% last quarter. The fall of brick-and-mortar stores has been fueled by the rise of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), which continues to see its stock surge to new highs. It's not too late to get in on Amazon at a fraction of the cost of today's shares. We'll show you how… right here.
- Speaking of Amazon, the e-commerce giant recently made a big splash in the pharmacy benefits business after its purchase of online benefits provider PillPack. This purchase has many analysts convinced that Amazon is about to do to pharmacies what it has done to malls over the last decade. And while Amazon is going to be a major player in the drug-delivery business in the future, there is one stock that is going to stave off any further attack from Amazon and the delivery business. Best of all, this stock has an incredible VQScore, and it's trading at a huge discount.
Three Stocks to Watch Today: HOG, TM, TWTR
- A number of companies are reporting that earnings could have a dramatic impact on their future balance sheets. That's especially true in the transportation business. Harley-Davidson Inc. (NYSE: HOG) has said the tariffs will cost up to $100 million per year and add $2,200 per vehicle. Now, Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE: TM) has said the tariffs will make the manufacturing of each vehicle at least $1,800 more expensive.
- Twitter Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) has roughly doubled the rate of user account suspensions since October 2017. The number of fake and spoof accounts has raised serious concerns about the legitimacy of the platform. The Washington Post reports that the company suspended roughly 70 million accounts in just May and June. The Post reports that this rate of suspension could impact the firm's active user growth rate.
- Look for earnings reports from JA Solar Holdings Co. Ltd. (Nasdaq: JASO) and Helen of Troy Ltd. (Nasdaq: HELE).
About the Author
Garrett Baldwin is a truly self-made, 38-year-old Mensa millionaire with four degrees from the nation's top universities: Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, Purdue, and Indiana University. His biggest accomplishment, however, is his Quantum Loop invention - a trading technology that completely changed his life. Thanks to his unique career path in "competitive intelligence," Garret was inspired by a radar system used by the military to develop his Quantum Loop. It is the first known innovation that can both time the market and an individual stock simultaneously. After eight years of rigorous backtesting and countless successful trades, the rest is history. He's now a millionaire living in one of the richest ZIP Codes in America. Garrett's also a best-selling author, inspiring thousands of people to pursue and achieve their own financial goals. When Garrett isn't busy trading and writing, he's lounging with his wife and child on the beach outside his home in Naples - or globetrotting as inspiration for his next investing invention.