Start the conversation
The Dow Jones today jumped 28 points in pre-market trading as investors prepared for yet another busy day of earnings. Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) will report earnings after market close. Wall Street expects that the firm will report earnings per share (EPS) of $2.17 on top of $52.37 billion in revenue.
This morning, Dow components Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG) and Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) reported better-than-expected earnings. Their reports were the latest in a wave of successful earnings that are driving the market to new highs. Money Morning Chief Investment Strategist Keith Fitz-Gerald has identified an innovative trading strategy to capitalize on a record-breaking earnings season. Check it out here…
Life-Changing Profit Potential: One tiny firm is rapidly developing the parts for a game-changing technology – and the gains from its stock, trading for less than $10, could turn every $1,000 invested into $4,719. Learn more…
Here are the numbers from Monday for the Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq:
|Index||Previous Close||Point Change||Percentage Change|
Now here's a closer look at today's Money Morning insight, the most important market events, and stocks to watch.
Money Morning Insight of the Day
We're moving deeper and deeper into earnings season. If you're looking to make real money, the time to get started is now. Money Morning Quantitative Specialist Chris Johnson argues the markets are at a tipping point. And with just a few smart plays in today's classic stock picker's market… you can pull in triple-digit gains with just a small investment. Read those picks right here.
The Top Stock Market Stories for Tuesday
- Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) will lead a busy day of earnings reports before the bell. Wall Street expects that the firm will report EPS of $2.17 on top of $52.37 billion in revenue. The tech giant is trying to buck a recent trend that has seen its rivals' stocks drop over the last week.
- Think about the last time you ran out to the shop for a six-pack or bottle of your favorite wine or spirits. On the way to the case or shelf, you probably walked right past any one of a dozen or so "marijuana beers," often with bright green, leafy logos. Did you miss the profit opportunity in this store? Money Morning Defense and Tech Specialist Michael Robinson has discovered an old-school marketing gimmick that could make you rich in the next 24 hours.
Three Stocks to Watch Today: KHC, PFE, ADM
- Shares of Kraft Heinz Co. (Nasdaq: KHC) are on the move after the consumer-goods firm announced that all of its packaging will be recyclable, reusable, or compostable by the year 2025.
- Shares of Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) are off 1% after the company reported earnings before the bell. The firm reported EPS of $0.81. That figure beat expectations by $0.07. The firm reported stronger sales thanks to great numbers from its arthritis treatment Xeljanz and pneumonia vaccine Prevnar.
- Shares of Archer Daniels Midland Co. (NYSE: ADM) popped 5% thanks to a strong earnings report. The firm reported an EPS of $1.02. That figure blew away profit expectations of $0.77. The firm topped revenue expectations thanks to rising global demand. As you'll recall, we recommended ADM as one of the best ways to profit thanks to today's ongoing trade battle against China. Read more right here.
- Look for additional earnings reports from Baidu Inc. (Nasdaq: BIDU), Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC), Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P), and Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG).