Start the conversation
Another 3.8 million Americans filed for unemployment this past week, bringing the total unemployed to over 30 million people.
The consensus estimate was for 3 million job losses, but coronavirus surprised to the upside yet again.
Stocks traded about 1% lower in early trading and found little support throughout the trading day, closing around the same level.
Here's what our experts - Chris Johnson, Tom Gentile, D.R. Barton, Jr., and Shah Gilani - saw in the markets today and how they think investors should be positioning themselves as we head into Friday trading.
- Chris noted the companies outperforming during the lockdown.
- Facebook will likely meet resistance around the $220 level, and that could be a good time to buy puts.
- With Tesla shares up 8% in pre-market trading, Chris noticed a potential "double top" forming in the stock and said investors could make money shorting it.
- He was right again. TSLA closed down about 1.5% by day close. That's a -10% move intraday.
- Chris thinks investors should be tightening up their positions ahead of the weekend.
- That's because more than 70% of stocks are currently overbought. Once we see this rally level off, it would be a good time to get more defensive and purchase October SPY puts. Then you're betting the market will retest its March lows.
- Tom has noticed a pattern in Big Tech stocks: They're still moving higher despite reporting average or below-average earnings this season.
- Tom is still long-term bullish on Bitcoin because of the upcoming "halving" scheduled around May 12.
- That's when the reward for new bitcoins mined per 10 minutes decreases from 12.5 to 6.25. Within 16 months following the last two halvings, Bitcoin increased up to an average of 6,085%.
- Tom has a special event, and he's inviting you. He will be revealing how to build your own trading system and back-test it so you can start making money with the patterns you see in the market.
- It's an invite-only event, and you'll need the unique link that Tom will put in the live stream chat tomorrow. So be sure to tune in then.
- D.R. is concerned about the jobs number.
- The coronavirus curve doesn't appear to be flattening around the world just yet. There are now over 3.25 million cases worldwide.
- Along with Tom, D.R. is also bullish on Bitcoin.
- He noted CoinBase CEO Brian Armstrong's tweet that showed about a 4x increase in the number of $1,200 purchases of the cryptocurrency after the first round of stimulus checks were sent out two weeks ago.
- D.R. is not waiting for life to return to normal, and neither should you.
- That's why he just launched a new service to give you a competitive advantage - today - that can help you make 100% gains every nine trading days on average.
- Here's how to do it.
- Shah thinks a disappointment from Amazon would likely send the market lower tomorrow.
- The stock beat on revenue, missed on EPS, and was down 5.5% in after-hours trading.
- Shah thinks TLT has a little more upside because the Fed has made it clear that it's trying to keep rates at zero. They could even go negative.
- If rates are lower for longer, that's simply a positive for the price of bonds, and TLT should rise.
- Shah thinks gold has the potential to go higher over the next few months or quarters because it's a hedge against not only the coronavirus crisis, but governments around the world printing money to try and solve all the problems it's causing.
Catch us tomorrow - starting LIVE again at 8:45 a.m. EDT with Chris Johnson right here.
If you missed our live streams today, you can now replay them on our YouTube channel, here.
Learn How to Harness This Powerful Options Trading Secret for Yourself
Live from his private office in Florida, America's No. 1 Pattern Trader is revealing his most lucrative options trading secret yet.
It's the reason he's able to make such fast, profitable moves on companies like Netflix, Apple, Facebook, even Amazon - the reason he's able to see major paydays long before they happen.
We're talking about the potential to see the future of any stock on the market.
And Tom Gentile's going live to show you exactly how to do it.
Believe it or not, it's as easy as a few simple clicks of your mouse...
In no time at all, you could be lining up trade opportunities one by one and watching as your account grows bigger and bigger.
Here Are 10 “One-Click” Ways to Earn 10% or Better on Your Money Every Quarter
Appreciation is great, but it’s possible to get even more out of the shares you own. A lot more: you can easily beat inflation and collect regular income to spare. There are no complicated trades to put on, no high-level options clearances necessary. In fact, you can do this with a couple of mouse clicks – passive income redefined. Click here for the report…