Start the conversation
For the first time in three days, the Dow and S&P 500 closed lower as investors weighed the prospects of reopening the economy as job losses grew across the country.
A grim U.S. payrolls report showed private payrolls dropped by 20.2 million in April – the worst job loss in the history of the ADP report.
At the same time, 30 U.S. states have already partially reopened their economies or are planning on doing a partial reopening soon.
Here's how our experts – D.R. Barton, Jr., and Shah Gilani – see things playing out in the economy moving forward.
They even provided some of the top stocks to buy and sell today…
- If you have to be long stocks today, D.R. thinks investors would be wise to keep their money in tech stocks.
- D.R. is bearish on the following stocks:
- Shake Shack Inc. (NYSE: SHAK) – the company suffered reputation damage after news came out that it was trying to collect stimulus money meant for small businesses from the government.
- Hyatt Hotels Corp. (NYSE: H) – occupancy is down considerably, and D.R. doesn't see people traveling and staying in hotels anytime soon.
- Wynn Resorts Ltd. (NASDAQ: WYNN) – as a nonessential business, this stock is not likely to see revenue return to pre-COVID levels for a long time.
- To identify the best stocks to buy and sell during the pandemic, D.R. is using a brand-new proprietary tool he just developed.
- It's called the Dark Edge system, and you can learn more about it here.
- Shah explained the advantages of owning ETFs over mutual funds.
- Shah has never owned a mutual fund and recommends investors use ETFs for better liquidity and lower fees on average.
- Tomorrow, Shah will be revealing some of his favorite ETFs to trade in the market today.
- Shah will also closely be watching the new jobless claims number tomorrow.
- He's seen estimates range anywhere from 1.9 million to 4.5 million additional losses.
Catch us tomorrow – starting LIVE again at 8:45 a.m. EDT with Chris Johnson, right here.
If you missed our live streams today, you can now replay them on our YouTube channel, here.
This Fast Money Move Could Make You $4,238
America's No.1 Pattern Trader is going live on camera to show readers how they can make hundreds, even thousands, of dollars in extra income.
You see, he's found a way to predict the future buying patterns of nearly every stock on the market. And with this trick, he's lining up major payday appointments left and right.
We're talking about cashing in on some of the biggest stocks on the market: Netflix, Apple, Facebook, even Amazon.
The best part is this options trading strategy is super easy to understand and even easier to put into action.
All it takes is three simple steps, a few clicks of your mouse, and you're on your way to what could be life-changing wealth…