Start the conversation
As a contrarian investor, I take a lot of pride in a "go my own way" mentality that fosters independent thinking and an outright avoidance of decisions made by "the crowd."
But I'm also my father's son, meaning I take pride in my honesty and candor.
So I'll be completely honest with you folks here: Thanks to the coronavirus pandemic and the work-at-home wave the crisis ignited, I've joined the millions of other folks who are using the collaborative software created by Zoom Video Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: ZM).
Thanks to that stampede, the stock went vertical: It's nearly doubled in the last year.
Here's why I'm telling you this.
The "COVID-19 Trigger Effect" is igniting other opportunities, too. The impact has caused:
- A big surge in e-commerce – as consumers eschew the risk of brick-and-mortar stores.
- A huge migration into plant-based meat replacements – which I predicted two years ago and continue to tell my Private Briefing subscribers about.
- An accelerating adoption of "telemedicine" apps – which my mom, son, and I have all experienced firsthand.
- A hefty spike in video streaming – an opportunity that made Private Briefing subscribers 50% just last month, with more to come.
- A way-before-expected move into e-sports – we brought Money Morning readers a beneficiary pick, Nvidia Corp. (NASDAQ: NVDA), which is up 10% in less than three weeks, an annualized equivalent of 148%.
Today we've got another COVID-19 Trigger Beneficiary trend.
I'm calling this one the "Cash-Is-Trash Effect" – that comes with a possible Bitcoin tailwind…
About the Author
Before he moved into the investment-research business in 2005, William (Bill) Patalon III spent 22 years as an award-winning financial reporter, columnist, and editor. Today he is the Executive Editor and Senior Research Analyst for Money Morning at Money Map Press. With his latest project, Private Briefing, Bill takes you "behind the scenes" of his established investment news website for a closer look at the action. Members get all the expert analysis and exclusive scoops he can't publish... and some of the most valuable picks that turn up in Bill's closed-door sessions with editors and experts.