Start the conversation
4Markets faltered in early trading this morning as the Trump administration moved to block shipments of semiconductors to Huawei Technologies from global chipmakers.
Retails sales data also showed a 16.4% month-over-month drop in April - an all-time record.
The news sent the Dow down 1% to start the day, before it rallied and closed 0.25% higher as news surfaced that the White House would likely support a new round of stimulus checks.
The full bill would include an additional $3 trillion total worth of stimulus.
Here's what our experts - D.R. Barton, Jr., and Shah Gilani - thought about the moves in financial markets today and what they're looking for next week.
- D.R. noted that the gold to silver ratio had never been higher than it is now.
- That means gold has never been worth more relative to silver in their respective histories.
- If silver pulls back, D.R. thinks investors should take a strong look at buying the metal.
- D.R.'s best trade today:
- Buy the May 29 $315 call on Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL).
- After the stock's pullback from $319, AAPL found support at the $300 level earlier this week. And it's still in a positive bullish momentum trend with a high probability of breaking out to the upside.
- D.R. thinks this short-term trade will pay off in the next week or two.
- D.R. also likes NVIDIA Corp. (NASDAQ: NVDA) at current levels because of its fundamentals and technical positive momentum.
- Fundamentals: The Bitcoin halving and growing number of people playing video games are both increasing demand for the company's computer chips.
- Technicals: The stock is trading well above its 50- and 200-day moving averages. And the 50-day is far from breaking through the 200-day to the downside.
- To get trades every day, check out D.R.'s Dark Edge Project - where he goes live every morning at 10:35 a.m. EDT.
- Shah thinks there's almost "no reason" for investors not to maintain a position in the Proshares Short S&P 500 ETF (NYSEARCA: SH).
- Shah is also an advocate of buying puts on the PowerShares QQQ Trust ETF (NASDAQ: QQQ) if the index rallies next week. It's already on the verge of overbought territory.
- Shah is still bullish on gold and gold miners.
- The SPDR Gold Trust (NYSEARCA: GLD) is his favorite way to play the metal if you can't get your hands on the physical commodity itself.
Catch us Monday - starting LIVE again at 8:45 a.m. EDT with Chris Johnson, right here.
If you missed our live streams today, you can now replay them on our YouTube channel, here.
Learn How to Harness This Powerful Options Trading Secret for Yourself
Live from his private office in Florida, America's No. 1 Pattern Trader is revealing his most lucrative options trading secret yet.
It's the reason he's able to make such fast, profitable moves on companies like Netflix, Apple, Facebook, even Amazon - the reason he's able to see major paydays long before they happen.
We're talking about the potential to see the future of any stock on the market.
And Tom Gentile's going live to show you exactly how to do it.
Believe it or not, it's as easy as a few simple clicks of your mouse...
In no time at all, you could be lining up trade opportunities one by one and watching as your account grows bigger and bigger.