Bob Blandeburgo- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
(Editor) Bob'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Hot Stocks 2 Tuesday, January 5, 2010Hot Stocks: Apple's Acquisition of Quattro Puts It on a Collision Course with Google
With its acquisition of Quattro Wireless, Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) has opened the door to competition with Yahoo Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO), Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT), and especially Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG) in the mobile advertising market.
And Apple's venerable App Store will play a key role in the company's expansion.
All Things Digital, a tech blog affiliated with The Wall Street Journal, reported the deal's value at $275 million, citing several anonymous sources. It is the 24th acquisition in Apple's 34-year history, and is characteristic of the previous 23: buying a small company that can easily be integrated into its existing projects.
In this case, Apple can use mobile web ads developed by Quattro to generate income from outside advertisers.
- Hot Stocks 0Hot Stocks: With Alcon Sold, Will Nestle Try to Outmuscle Kraft in a Bid for Cadbury?
- Outlook 2010 1 Thursday, December 31, 2009Only the Strongest Retailers Will Survive in 2010 as U.S. Consumers Continue to Battle Back
- Bob Blandeburgo 1 Monday, December 28, 2009China's Exports to Return to Growth Next Year, but How Much Will It Matter?
- Healthcare 0 Monday, December 21, 2009Senate Healthcare Bill Headed for Christmas Eve Vote Without Public Option
- Bob Blandeburgo 0 Saturday, December 19, 2009Japan's Measures to Fight Deflation Struggle to Show Progress
- Banking 0 Thursday, December 17, 2009Is Incoming Bank of America CEO Moynihan "More of the Same?"
- Outlook 2010 5The Three Tech Businesses Investors Can't Afford to Ignore in 2010
- Top News 0 Wednesday, December 16, 2009Tax Break Negates U.S. Profit from Citi's TARP Repayment
- Recession 0 Monday, December 7, 2009Lawmakers Looking to Use Excess TARP Funds for a Second Stimulus