Chris Johnson- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Chris Johnson is a highly regarded equity and options analyst who has spent much of his 23-year market career designing and interpreting complex models to help investment firms transform millions of data points into impressive gains for clients.
At heart Chris is a quant - like the "rocket scientists" of investing - with a specialty in applying advanced mathematics like stochastic calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and statistics to Wall Street's data-rich environment.
He began building his proprietary models in 1998, analyzing about 2,000 records per day. Today, that database, which Chris designed and coded from scratch, analyzes a staggering 700,000 records per day. It's the secret behind his track record.
Chris holds degrees in finance, statistics, and accounting. He worked as a licensed broker for 11 years before taking on the role of Director of Quantitative Analysis at a big-name equity and options research firm for eight years. He recently served as Director of Research of a Cleveland-based investment firm responsible for hundreds of millions in AUM. He is also the Founder/CIO of ETF Advisory Research Partners since 2007, noted for its groundbreaking work in Behavioral Valuation systems. Their research is widely read by leaders in the RIA business.
Chris is ranked in the top 99.3% of financial bloggers and top 98.6% of overall experts by TipRanks, the track record registry of financial analysts dating back to January 2009.
He is a frequent commentator on financial markets for CNBC, Fox, Bloomberg TV, and CBS Radio and has been featured in Barron's, USA Today, Newsweek, and The Wall Street Journal, and numerous books.
Today, Chris is the editor of Night Trader and contributes to Money Morning as the Quant Analysis Specialist.
Chris'S LATEST HEADLINES
- COVID-19 Stock Market Crash 0 Friday, May 22, 2020My Favorite Way to Play Gold's 20% Upside Potential
Gold is trading higher by about 15% year-to-date; a global pandemic and widespread economic destruction will tend to drive investors toward the safe havens.
And with no end date on COVID-19 and the increasing likelihood of a lurch down to March lows, there's plenty of headroom for more gold gains.
And that makes right now the perfect time to make this smart move.
For the past month or so, gold has been trading around $1,700 and $1,775.
In fact, our Chris Johnson believes $1,700 is a technical floor, or a "launch pad" from which gold can rocket higher – 15% or even 20% from here.
So yes, this is the right time to own gold.
But you don't have to be content with those profits alone.Make sure you're holding these gold shares before gold moves another cent higher...
- Chris Johnson Tuesday, May 12, 2020What Smart Investors Should Do During This "Irrationality Rally"
- Chris Johnson Thursday, May 7, 2020Want to Move from "Investing" to "Trading"? Here's the One Thing You Need to Know
- Chris Johnson Tuesday, May 5, 2020This Portfolio "Fire Insurance" Could Put 24.8% in Your Pocket
- COVID-19 Stock Market Crash Thursday, April 30, 2020Three Breakout Income Stocks to Grow Your Wealth for Years
- COVID-19 Stock Market Crash Monday, April 27, 2020How to Buy Red-Hot Zoom Stock – at Your Price
- COVID-19 Wednesday, April 15, 2020Follow These Rules to Profit from This "Trading Range" Market as Earnings Come Out
- trading strategies Thursday, April 9, 2020Give Me Three Minutes, and I'll Share a Secret for Taming These Mean Markets
- COVID-19 Stock Market Crash Thursday, March 26, 2020One Simple Strategy to Protect Yourself from Market Losses
- Stock Market Tuesday, March 17, 2020One Simple Trading Rule to Lower Your Coronavirus Portfolio Risk