Don Miller- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Don'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Article 4 Friday, May 25, 2012High Oil Prices: Worries Escalate Over $200 Oil and $6 Gas
Could new sanctions against Iran spark a crisis that drives oil prices to $200 a barrel?
The leaders of the Group of Eight (G8) economies certainly hope not.
Even still, they recently unveiled plans to tap into global emergency strategic oil reserves — just in case.
Citing their "grave concern" over Iran's nuclear program and the "likelihood of further disruptions in oil sales" G8 leaders put the International Energy Agency (IEA) on standby to tap the reserves at a moment's notice.
"Looking ahead we…stand ready to call upon the IEA to take appropriate action to ensure that the market is fully and timely supplied," said the statement summing up their meeting last weekend.
But the G8 may just be trying to calm the markets before the storm. History shows that tapping into the reserves won't do much to prevent higher prices.
And there's no reason to believe this time will be any different.
- Stocks 0 Monday, May 21, 2012There's More to the IPO Market Than Facebook (Nasdaq: FB)
- Stocks 2 Friday, May 18, 2012Investing in IPOs: Why You Should Think Twice About Facebook (Nasdaq: FB)
- Mergers & Acquisitions 0 Wednesday, May 16, 2012Biotech Stock ETFs: How to Ride the Surge in Biotech Mergers & Acquisitions
- Stocks 1 Thursday, May 10, 2012How to Trade the VIX: Using the "Fear Gauge" to Hedge Down Markets
- Stocks 0 Wednesday, May 2, 2012Are Junk Bonds About to Become a Victim of Their Own Popularity?
- Don Miller 0 Friday, April 27, 2012Investing In ETFs: How Exchange-Traded Funds Can Save You Money
- Don Miller 4 Wednesday, April 25, 2012Case-Shiller Index: Is This the Housing Market Bottom?
- Commodities 1 Thursday, April 19, 2012Agricultural Stocks: Fatten Up Your Portfolio on Food Price Inflation
- Stocks 0 Tuesday, April 17, 2012Will Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) Keep Driving Technology ETFs Higher?