Jack Barnes- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Jack'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Buy Sell Hold 1 Tuesday, October 18, 2011Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (NYSE: KMP) Buys Out El Paso Corp. (NYSE: EP)
Well, on Sunday (Oct. 16), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP (NYSE: KMP) said it would buy El Paso for $26.87 a share. That's a 32% premium to the price the stock was trading at at the time of my recommendation. EP stock yesterday (Monday) rose more than 24% to close at $24.45.
The Standard & Poor's 500 Index has slumped nearly 8% since June 6, so readers who followed my advice would have enjoyed a nice rate of return over the last four months, compared to the overall market.
The case that I made for El Paso back in June was a simple one: The company's assets were valued at less than the equivalent assets held by its peers. El Paso at the time was in the process of breaking itself into two parts, so it could unlock some of the trapped value.
Kinder Morgan recognized that, as well, and acted.
To continue reading, please click here...
- Buy Sell Hold 0 Monday, October 17, 2011Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (NASDAQ: GMCR) May Be Red Hot but It's Not a 'Buy'
- Banking 1 Monday, October 10, 2011Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE: DB) Will Be Crushed Under the Weight of Europe's Debt
- Buy Sell Hold 2 Thursday, October 6, 2011Yamana Gold Inc. (NYSE: AUY) Shines On as Gold Prices Continue to Climb
- Buy Sell Hold 6 Monday, October 3, 2011Southern Copper Corp. (NYSE: SCCO) Gives You High Yield, High Profit Potential
- Buy Sell Hold 0 Thursday, September 29, 2011BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (NYSE: BPT) Offers Consistent 9.9% Yield as Oil Prices Climb
- Buy Sell Hold 12 Monday, September 26, 2011Buy Coeur d'Alene Mines Corp. (NYSE: CDE) – While Silver's On Sale
- Buy Sell Hold 7 Monday, September 19, 2011Don't Miss the Stock Breakout for Ag Leader Monsanto Co. (NYSE: MON)
- Buy Sell Hold 1 Monday, September 12, 2011Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE: CHK) Could Be the Sector's Best Takeover Target
- Stocks 2 Friday, September 9, 2011SeaDrill Ltd. (NYSE: SDRL) Offers High Yield, High Growth