Jon D. Markman- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Jon D.'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Commodities 0 Friday, September 23, 2011Now is the Season for Investing in Gold-mining Stocks
If you're not investing in gold-mining stocks now, you should be.
Analysts at TIS Group reminded me last week that not only are gold-mining stocks very cheap now versus gold bullion, but this also happens to be the best time of the year to buy the stocks.
The gold miners' cycle usually bottoms in August and peaks in March, putting us just a bit after the start of the strong period.
That makes it buying season for gold-mining stocks.
Play Gold's Rise by Investing in Gold-Mining Stocks
The rise in gold miners during last year's buying season was fairly dramatic.
From Aug. 31 last year through the following 14 weeks, the Market Vectors ETF Trust(NYSE: GDX), which is comprised of the larger miners, was up 28%, while Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners(NYSE: GDXJ), comprised of smaller producers, was up 48%.
Members of my service captured a bunch of those gains. That was at a time when gold itself was up only 20%, but looking back that was when gold started its trajectory from $1,300 in November to almost $1,900 now.
Gold-mining stocks then went sideways in anticipation of the end of the U.S. Federal Reserve's second round of quantitative easing (QE2) at the end of June, but have now broken out again, as the accompanying chart shows.
Why would the miners improve?To continue reading, please click here...
- Debt 3 Tuesday, September 20, 2011How Greece's Debt Issues Are Becoming a Global "Black Hole"
- Top News 1 Tuesday, July 19, 2011Mid-Cap Stocks Could Be Ready to Reverse Course
- Stocks 0 Tuesday, July 12, 2011New Products and Cheap Shares Mean It's Time to Buy Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG)
- Stocks 2 Monday, June 27, 2011What the Future Holds for U.S. Stocks in Light of the Fed’s Failings
- Stocks 0 Monday, May 2, 2011Dow Jones Transportation Average Rolls to Record High
- Technology Article 12 Thursday, April 28, 2011Is Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) Undervalued?
- Global Markets 1 Tuesday, April 12, 2011How to Profit if the Nigeria Elections Drive Up Oil Prices
- Stocks 4 Monday, February 14, 2011Cisco Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CSCO): The Story That Wall Street Missed
- Investment News Briefs 3 Tuesday, February 1, 2011Netflix Inc. (Nasdaq: NFLX): The Red Envelope Gets the Green Light From Investors