Jon D. Markman- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Jon D.'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Stocks 4 Monday, January 10, 2011Stock Market Bulls Have Bears on the Run Despite Poor Unemployment Report
Stocks survived a big test of the winter rally on Friday as they finished a positive week with mild losses.
The Friday session featured a report on non-farm payrolls that came in worse than expected, but not egregiously so. Energy, industrials and utilities fared the best, while financials and telecoms slipped the most. Treasuries blew higher across the board, showing again why we always say that the bonds love misery.
Earlier in the week, I forecast that a disappointing payroll number and a modestly negative reaction would be the best possible result for bulls for three reasons: a) it maintains pressure on the Federal Reserve to keep interest rates low and to continue buying assets; b) it keeps pressure on the new Congress to keep up the pace of fiscal spending; and c) it provides a mildly oversold technical condition that provides a better base from which to rally later in the month.
- Market Update 2 Sunday, January 2, 2011Your 2011 Stock Market Leaders
- Global Markets 9 Monday, December 27, 2010Commodities, Europe's Winter Storm and NIKE Inc. (NYSE: NKE) Hint to 2011 Market Trends
- Market Update 0 Tuesday, December 21, 2010No Holiday Cheer for Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) as Online Retailers Steal the Joy
- Emerging Markets 0 Monday, December 20, 2010U.S. Industrial Stocks Now Back on Top, As Emerging Markets Falter
- Dollar 0 Tuesday, December 14, 2010Obama Tax Deal Sets the Bull Running
- Stocks 3 Monday, December 13, 2010U.S. Stocks Reach a Pivotal Point as Goldman Sachs Predicts a 2011 Rally
- Stocks 0 Sunday, December 5, 2010Chilly Winter Will Offer Hot Stock Buys As Market's Bull Run Still Has Legs
- Stocks 1 Tuesday, November 30, 2010Don't Let the Third-Quarter GDP Revision Sour You On Stocks
- Stocks 0 Sunday, November 28, 2010Are Mid-Cap Stocks Set to Lead the Market Higher?