Larry D. Spears- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Larry'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Global Investing 2 Monday, August 9, 2010Investing Strategies: How to Build a Global-Investing Portfolio Using ETFs
It wasn't all that long ago that global investing was an activity that was restricted to only the wealthiest U.S. investors. If you weren't one of America's ultra-rich, you weren't able to access foreign markets.
That began to change in the 1950s, with the advent of international and global mutual funds, and access further expanded over the next three decades with the introduction of single-country closed-end funds. Today, thanks to the recent explosion in exchange-traded funds (ETFs), investing in overseas stocks is now almost as easy as targeting a given market sector here at home.
In fact, although it has been a mere 17 years since the first ETF began trading in the United States (in 1993), the most recent count finds more than 290 international, regional and foreign-country-focused funds listed on the various U.S. exchanges – enough to entice any investor with even a modest yen for overseas portfolio exposure.
- U.S. Economy 4 Thursday, July 22, 2010MLPs Top the Yield Charts, but Don't Overlook the Risks
- China 9 Tuesday, July 20, 2010Money Morning Mid-Year Forecast: Why China's Economy Will Exceed Expectations in the Second Half of 2010
- Larry D. Spears 4 Monday, July 19, 2010How to Profit From a Slowing U.S. Economy In the Second Half of 2010
- Defensive Investing 4 Wednesday, July 14, 2010Defensive Investing: Keeping Your Options Open with Covered Calls
- Defensive Investing 3 Tuesday, July 6, 2010Inflation Isn't Dead, Just Sleeping – And TIPS Can Protect You When It Awakens
- Defensive Investing 6 Tuesday, June 29, 2010How to Use Stock Options to Insure Your Holdings Against Short-Term Pullbacks
- Dollar 2 Monday, June 21, 2010After a Strong First Half, Is the U.S. Dollar Headed for a Reversal?
- Dollar 0Money Morning Mid-Year Forecast: The Dollar Headed for Some Change
- Investor Reports 6 Saturday, June 19, 2010Oil Prices Set to Soar in the Second-Half of 2010