Larry D. Spears- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Larry'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Article 14 Monday, February 27, 2012Investing In Silver: How to Buy Silver Coins and Bars
For investors who want to capture the coming move in silver, buying silver bars or coins is still one of the best options.
Like gold, investing in silver is a great hedge against inflation and financial turmoil alike. It's why demand for silver is increasing at an astonishing rate.
In fact, says Money Morning Global Investing Strategist Martin Hutchinson, "If silver were to match its 1980 peak, adjusted for inflation, it could climb as high as $150 an ounce."
For savvy investors who hold physical silver in bars or coins, that move would deliver roughly a 328% gain from today's spot-prices.
Investing in Silver Coins
Of the two, buying silver coins is a bit more challenging because there are so many different ways to purchase them – including rare coins.
But while rare collectible silver coins are often attractive and sometimes bring in big prices when sold, their value is quite subjective, as they are tied to a number of largely intangible factors like scarcity, wear and quality of appearance.
Rather than becoming a rare coin collector, most investors would be better off purchasing bullion coins if their intent is to ride the silver bull market.
To continue reading, please click here...
- Stocks 5 Friday, February 17, 2012Trading Silver with Options: How to Earn 127% in Four Months
- Larry D. Spears 0 Wednesday, February 8, 2012Cash-Secured Puts: Keep the Cash Flowing – Even After You've Sold the Stock
- Larry D. Spears 0 Friday, February 3, 2012Options 101: How to Win Big on Toll Brothers (NYSE: TOL) with a Calendar Spread
- Larry D. Spears 2 Wednesday, January 25, 2012Options Strategy: How a Home Depot (NYSE: HD) Straddle Could Provide Investors Lower Costs, Higher Returns
- Dollar 0 Friday, January 20, 20122012 U.S. Dollar Outlook: How to Play A Short-Term Rally
- Article 7 Thursday, January 19, 2012How to Safely Double Your Dividend Yield With Covered Call Options
- Article 0 Tuesday, January 10, 2012An Options Strategy That Will Save You Some Money
- Article 1 Tuesday, January 3, 20122012 U.S. Dollar Outlook: How to Play A Short-Term Rally
- Article 0 Wednesday, December 7, 2011Get Ahead of Semiconductor Industry Growth with These Seven Investments