Neil Patel- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Neil'S LATEST HEADLINES
- COVID-19 Stock Market Crash 1 Sunday, July 12, 2020Why You'll Want to Say Goodbye to the Fortune 500 Company and Invest in Startups
If the world's largest corporations don't take action soon, they risk dying out altogether.
It all has to do with one thing: innovation.
The Fortune 500 list was first published in 1955 by Fortune Magazine. Since then, 88% of the list's original companies no longer exist, having merged, gone bankrupt, or fallen from the ranks, according to the American Enterprise Institute.
The list has seen near constant turnover since its founding, with brick-and-mortar companies like Armstrong Rubber, Pacific Vegetable Oil, and Riegel Textile being replaced by tech-focused companies like Facebook, Microsoft, and eBay.
In fact, Forbes Magazine reports that only 50 years ago, the average Fortune 500 life expectancy for a company was 75 years. But today, it's only 15 years… and it's getting shorter.
This tells us a few things:
- The public markets change quickly, and they're insanely competitive. Both of these characteristics contribute to high corporate turnover rates.
- Even if a company is pulling in major revenue today, there's no guarantee that it'll do the same tomorrow as industries keep changing.
- A company's progress and revenue go hand in hand with innovation. If a company isn't willing to develop new, outside-the-box ideas, it won't be able to keep up.
It may sound like a brutal ecosystem… but a dynamic market is a good thing… Full StoryIt may sound like a brutal ecosystem... but a dynamic market is a good thing... Full Story
- COVID-19 Stock Market Crash Friday, April 24, 2020How Tech Startups Are the Key to Adapting to a Pandemic-Altered World
- Investing Ideas Tuesday, March 31, 2020Even a Global Crisis Can't Keep These Companies from Growing
- Investing Tuesday, March 24, 20203 Must-Have Qualities of a Recession-Proof Company
- Start Up Companies Saturday, February 22, 2020The Secret to Spotting a Billion-Dollar Idea
- Best Investments Article Friday, February 14, 2020Find a Founder Who Does This, and You'll Win Every Time
- Start Up Companies Tuesday, December 24, 2019What Angel Investing Can Do for You (and Your Bank Account)
- Angel Investing Thursday, December 19, 2019The Expert Secret to Spotting a Billion-Dollar Idea
- Angel Investing Friday, December 13, 2019The Four Simple Steps to Take Before Making a Deal
- Start Up Companies Tuesday, December 10, 2019Now Is the Perfect Time to Make Your First Angel Investment