Shah Gilani- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Shah is considered one of the world's foremost experts on the credit crisis.He not only called for the implosion of the U.S. financial markets, he also predicted the historic rebound that began in March 2009. Shah's open letters to the White House, Congress, and U.S. Treasury secretaries outlined detailed policy options that have been lauded by academics and legislators alike.His experience and knowledge uniquely distinguish Shah as a "trader's trader." Shah ran his first hedge fund in 1982 from his seat on the floor of the Chicago Board of Options Exchange. When the OEX (options on the Standard & Poor's 100) began trading on March 11, 1983, Shah was working in the pit as a market maker. And along with other traders, he popularized what later became known as the VIX (volatility index). He left Chicago to run the futures and options division of the British banking giant Lloyd's TSB.Shah went on to originate and run a packaged fixed-income trading desk for Roosevelt & Cross Inc., an old-line New York boutique bond firm, and established that company's listed and OTC trading desks. Shah started another hedge fund in 1999, which he ran until 2003, when he retired to develop land holdings with partners.Today Shah is the editor of Capital Wave Forecast and Short-Side Fortunes. He also writes our most talked-about publication, an e-letter called Wall Street Insights & Indictments, where he reveals how Wall Street's high-stakes game is really played, and how to win it.Shah studied economics and psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Read, Watch & Share Shah
Click here to read more stories
Shah'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Experts 0 Wednesday, November 23, 2016Everything You Need to Know About This New Fintech Disruptor – Before You Make a Move
Robo-advisors are convenient and cheap, but these fintech disruptors have serious pitfalls.Before trusting one with your money, here's what you need to know...
- Experts 0 Friday, November 18, 2016How Hedge Funds Bet the Election, What They'll Do Next, and How You Can Profit
- Experts 0 Tuesday, November 15, 2016Our "Post-Trump" Play Is Leading the Markets Now
- 2016 Election 5 Wednesday, November 9, 2016The First Thing Trump Should Do for the Economy
- trading strategies 0 Monday, November 7, 2016Two Trades to Prepare for the "Day After"
- Politics 0 Friday, November 4, 2016Smart Money Bets Ahead of a "Dangerous" Election
- DC 0 Wednesday, November 2, 2016A Simple, Powerful Strategy to Beat the Hedge Funds at Their Own Game
- Federal Reserve System 5 Monday, October 31, 2016Here's the Terrifying Endgame of Global Central Banking
- Wall Street 0 Friday, October 28, 2016This Monumental Industry Upheaval Will Give Us a Huge Opportunity
- Wall Street 0 Thursday, October 27, 2016Why Hedge Funds Are Bleeding, and Why You Need to Pay Attention