Shah Gilani- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Shah'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Wall Street 3 Wednesday, October 26, 2016This Ratings Agency's Fall Could Be Hugely Profitable
I was excited to get news on Friday that the U.S. Department of Justice was breathing down the neck of ratings agency Moody's Corp. The two parties are "negotiating" over allegations of fraud relating to mortgage bonds that Moody's rated AAA from 2004 to 2007. As we all know, the bonds (and their sterling ratings) turned out to be beer-battered, deep-fried garbage in most cases.
Moody's shares had been coasting along near a 52-week high of $110, but they gapped down to $102.60 on the news and haven't come back since.
They're not likely to, either.
I'm thinking Moody's has a ways to go before it gets out of these woods, meaning its stock could sink a lot lower.
We'll all get the chance to make some money on this lemon, but first let me answer some burning questions about this company that I don't see anyone else asking, like why Loretta Lynch and the Justice Department picked now, of all times, to turn up at Moody's front door.And the identity of the famous investor that stands to get a good burning on this news...
- Wall Street 0 Monday, October 24, 2016Here's Why Hedge Funds Are Poised for a Comeback – and Why It Matters to You
- trading strategies 0 Tuesday, October 18, 2016The One Bank Worth Playing Right Now – and How to Play It
- Wall Street 1 Monday, October 17, 2016It's Earnings Season for the Big Banks – and One Is a Bottom-Fishing Buy
- Federal Reserve System 0 Monday, October 10, 2016These Markets Are the Definition of Insanity – Here's Why… and What to Do Now
- Best Investments 1 Monday, October 3, 2016How the Vampire Squid Gambled – and Lost $1.2 Billion in Sovereign Wealth
- Federal Reserve 2 Thursday, September 29, 2016What They Didn’t Say About the Fed in Monday’s Debate
- Wall Street 0 Monday, September 26, 2016The Unintended Consequences of These New SEC Rules Could Kill the Rally – or Worse
- Federal Reserve System 0 Tuesday, September 20, 2016Why Tomorrow Is the Most Important Day in the Markets
- Wall Street 14 Monday, September 19, 2016Why I Wasn't Surprised by Wells Fargo's Scam