Shah Gilani- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Shah is considered one of the world's foremost experts on the credit crisis.He not only called for the implosion of the U.S. financial markets, he also predicted the historic rebound that began in March 2009. Shah's open letters to the White House, Congress, and U.S. Treasury secretaries outlined detailed policy options that have been lauded by academics and legislators alike.His experience and knowledge uniquely distinguish Shah as a "trader's trader." Shah ran his first hedge fund in 1982 from his seat on the floor of the Chicago Board of Options Exchange. When the OEX (options on the Standard & Poor's 100) began trading on March 11, 1983, Shah was working in the pit as a market maker. And along with other traders, he popularized what later became known as the VIX (volatility index). He left Chicago to run the futures and options division of the British banking giant Lloyd's TSB.Shah went on to originate and run a packaged fixed-income trading desk for Roosevelt & Cross Inc., an old-line New York boutique bond firm, and established that company's listed and OTC trading desks. Shah started another hedge fund in 1999, which he ran until 2003, when he retired to develop land holdings with partners.Today Shah is the editor of Capital Wave Forecast and Short-Side Fortunes. He also writes our most talked-about publication, an e-letter called Wall Street Insights & Indictments, where he reveals how Wall Street's high-stakes game is really played, and how to win it.Shah studied economics and psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Read, Watch & Share Shah
Click here to read more stories
Shah'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Federal Reserve System 0 Monday, August 8, 2016Kill the Fed, Free the Markets – How to Replace America’s Scheming Central Bank
Repairing the damage the Fed's schemes have inflicted on free markets will require replacing it altogether.Our expert says the fix is easier than you'd think...
- How to Invest 4 Friday, August 5, 2016Stocks Are Sky-High – Here's How to Profit from the Big Fall
- Federal Reserve 2 Thursday, August 4, 2016How the Next Fed Chair Should Transform the American Economy
- Federal Reserve 0 Monday, August 1, 2016This Job Is More Important Than the Presidency – Here's Who Has My Vote
- Bitcoin 0 Thursday, July 28, 2016What This Court Ruling Means for Bitcoin's Future – and Your Money
- 2016 Election 1 Monday, July 25, 2016Donald Trump's Treasury Wouldn't Resurrect Glass-Steagall – Here's Why
- Experts 0 Thursday, July 21, 2016Don't Believe the Hype: The Big Banks Are Still a Risky Investment
- Currencies 0 Tuesday, July 19, 2016What the DAO Vote Means for Blockchain… and Your Financial Future
- Stocks 0 Friday, July 15, 2016The Easiest Big Bond Gains Come from Overbought Markets Like This
- Investing Experts 0 Thursday, July 14, 2016Update: This Fintech Disruptor Has Been Hacked – and Its Future Is in Doubt