William Patalon III- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
William (Bill) Patalon III is the Executive Editor and Senior Research Analyst for Money Morning. Before he moved into the investment-research business in December 2005, Bill spent 22 years as a journalist, most of it covering financial news as a reporter, columnist, and editor that included stints with Gannett Co. Inc., and The Baltimore Sun.
Bill has covered finance and investing, economics, manufacturing, the defense sector, biotechnology, and telecommunications. The companies he’s covered include Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Harley-Davidson, Caterpillar, Westinghouse Electric, Verizon, MedImmune, and Black & Decker.
His most-memorable interviews include: former President Richard M. Nixon, General Electric CEO John F. “Jack” Welch, Forbes magazine publisher and former Presidential candidate Steve Forbes, and business-turnaround specialist and helicopter-industry pioneer Stanley Hiller Jr.
It was Bill’s work covering Eastman Kodak Co., during the last half of the 1990s that solidified his reputation as one of the nation’s top analytical business journalists. With his award-winning reports on Kodak’s competitive travails, he consistently scooped his competitors in the national business media. His chronicles of Kodak’s turnaround efforts took him to China, Japan, Silicon Valley, New York, Washington, D.C., and even Hollywood.
His work has appeared in Kiplinger’s personal finance magazine, USA Today, and The South China Morning Post, among other publications. A winner of approximately two-dozen journalism awards – including top honors from The Associated Press and the prestigious Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW). Patalon is also the co-author of the Prentice Hall book, "Contrarian Investing: How to Buy and Sell When Others Won’t and Make Money Doing It." Before taking over Money Morning, he served as the editor of The Rebound Report, an investment newsletter focusing on turnaround stocks.
Today Bill is the creator and editor of Private Briefing. With his latest project, he takes you "behind the scenes" of his established investment news website for a closer look at the action. Members get all the expert analysis and exclusive scoops he can't publish… and some of the most valuable picks that turn up in Bill's closed-door sessions with editors and experts.
Bill has a BA in Print Journalism from Penn State University, and an MBA in finance from the Rochester Institute of Technology.
William'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Biotechs 0 Friday, September 23, 2016Celebrate This High-Profit Milestone with Some More Triple-Digit Gains
This was the very first stock we recommended on the very first day Private Briefing was published – Aug. 11, 2011.
On that day, you could've owned it for less than nine bucks a share – $8.60.
That's a distant memory.
We've re-recommended these shares more than a dozen times since then, so successive "classes" of our readers can participate in these gains.
And sure enough, this stock hit an all-time high at midday yesterday… up a whopping 717% from that first day we wrote about it.Let me tell you the ticker - and why I think there's a lot more profit in store for this "classic" pick...
- trading strategies 0 Friday, September 16, 2016How to Handle More Than 40 Triple-Digit Winners
- Facebook 2 Monday, August 29, 2016What Yogi Berra Can Tell Us About Zuckerberg’s Facebook Plans
- FB Stock News 3 Friday, August 12, 2016Buy This "New Money" Stock and Get "Old Money" Rich
- Gold 3 Monday, August 8, 2016We've Got a Rare Chance to Grab One of My Favorite Stocks Now
- Stock Update 6 Wednesday, July 27, 2016The Best Tech Investment You Can Buy Is… Ford?
- Gold 0 Monday, July 18, 2016The Single Best Gold Play Out There Is 2016's "Market MVP"
- Stocks 1 Monday, July 11, 2016We Predicted the IPO Market Would Come Roaring Back… and Here It Is
- Investing Experts 0 Saturday, July 2, 2016Why This 387% Gainer Is Set to Go Even Higher
- Trade 3 Friday, June 10, 2016One Simple Way to Turn $5,000… into $1 Million a Year