William Patalon III- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
William (Bill) Patalon III is the Executive Editor and Senior Research Analyst for Money Morning. Before he moved into the investment-research business in December 2005, Bill spent 22 years as a journalist, most of it covering financial news as a reporter, columnist, and editor that included stints with Gannett Co. Inc., and The Baltimore Sun.
Bill has covered finance and investing, economics, manufacturing, the defense sector, biotechnology, and telecommunications. The companies he’s covered include Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Harley-Davidson, Caterpillar, Westinghouse Electric, Verizon, MedImmune, and Black & Decker.
His most-memorable interviews include: former President Richard M. Nixon, General Electric CEO John F. “Jack” Welch, Forbes magazine publisher and former Presidential candidate Steve Forbes, and business-turnaround specialist and helicopter-industry pioneer Stanley Hiller Jr.
It was Bill’s work covering Eastman Kodak Co., during the last half of the 1990s that solidified his reputation as one of the nation’s top analytical business journalists. With his award-winning reports on Kodak’s competitive travails, he consistently scooped his competitors in the national business media. His chronicles of Kodak’s turnaround efforts took him to China, Japan, Silicon Valley, New York, Washington, D.C., and even Hollywood.
His work has appeared in Kiplinger’s personal finance magazine, USA Today, and The South China Morning Post, among other publications. A winner of approximately two-dozen journalism awards – including top honors from The Associated Press and the prestigious Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW). Patalon is also the co-author of the Prentice Hall book, "Contrarian Investing: How to Buy and Sell When Others Won’t and Make Money Doing It." Before taking over Money Morning, he served as the editor of The Rebound Report, an investment newsletter focusing on turnaround stocks.
Today Bill is the creator and editor of Private Briefing. With his latest project, he takes you "behind the scenes" of his established investment news website for a closer look at the action. Members get all the expert analysis and exclusive scoops he can't publish… and some of the most valuable picks that turn up in Bill's closed-door sessions with editors and experts.
Bill has a BA in Print Journalism from Penn State University, and an MBA in finance from the Rochester Institute of Technology.
William'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Top News 15 Tuesday, September 23, 2008Crude Oil Futures Post Record Gain as "Peak Oil" Expert Calls for Rally to $500 a Barrel
- 3 Monday, September 22, 2008Wracked by Problems, the U.S. Economy Keeps Digging Its Way Out
- Uncategorized 5 Tuesday, September 16, 2008Buyout of Merrill and Bankruptcy of Lehman Heightens Worry of U.S. Credit Crisis Pain Still to Come
- 13With Buyout of Merrill, Bankruptcy for Lehman, Wall Street Plays "Let's Make a Deal"
- Top News 5 Monday, September 15, 2008With Buyout of Merrill, Bankruptcy for Lehman, Wall Street Plays "Let's Make a Deal"
- Uncategorized 3Hurricane Ike is the Latest Wild Card in the "Guess the Gasoline Price Game"
- Top News 5 Friday, September 12, 2008With Tanker Deal Shelved, Boeing Must Dig in For Possible Long Strike
- Uncategorized 50 Thursday, September 11, 2008Foreign Bondholders – and not the U.S. Mortgage Market – Drove the Fannie/Freddie Bailout
- Stocks 6 Tuesday, September 9, 2008New Look General Electric Aims to Double its China Business by the Decade's End
- Uncategorized 4 Monday, September 8, 2008With OPEC Meeting Looming, and Emerging Markets Growing, Oil Prices May Only be Temporary