William Patalon III- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
William (Bill) Patalon III is the Executive Editor and Senior Research Analyst for Money Morning. Before he moved into the investment-research business in December 2005, Bill spent 22 years as a journalist, most of it covering financial news as a reporter, columnist, and editor that included stints with Gannett Co. Inc., and The Baltimore Sun.
Bill has covered finance and investing, economics, manufacturing, the defense sector, biotechnology, and telecommunications. The companies he’s covered include Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Harley-Davidson, Caterpillar, Westinghouse Electric, Verizon, MedImmune, and Black & Decker.
His most-memorable interviews include: former President Richard M. Nixon, General Electric CEO John F. “Jack” Welch, Forbes magazine publisher and former Presidential candidate Steve Forbes, and business-turnaround specialist and helicopter-industry pioneer Stanley Hiller Jr.
It was Bill’s work covering Eastman Kodak Co., during the last half of the 1990s that solidified his reputation as one of the nation’s top analytical business journalists. With his award-winning reports on Kodak’s competitive travails, he consistently scooped his competitors in the national business media. His chronicles of Kodak’s turnaround efforts took him to China, Japan, Silicon Valley, New York, Washington, D.C., and even Hollywood.
His work has appeared in Kiplinger’s personal finance magazine, USA Today, and The South China Morning Post, among other publications. A winner of approximately two-dozen journalism awards – including top honors from The Associated Press and the prestigious Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW). Patalon is also the co-author of the Prentice Hall book, "Contrarian Investing: How to Buy and Sell When Others Won’t and Make Money Doing It." Before taking over Money Morning, he served as the editor of The Rebound Report, an investment newsletter focusing on turnaround stocks.
Today Bill is the creator and editor of Private Briefing. With his latest project, he takes you "behind the scenes" of his established investment news website for a closer look at the action. Members get all the expert analysis and exclusive scoops he can't publish… and some of the most valuable picks that turn up in Bill's closed-door sessions with editors and experts.
Bill has a BA in Print Journalism from Penn State University, and an MBA in finance from the Rochester Institute of Technology.
William'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Investment Advice 3 Wednesday, April 30, 2014Profit Like a Real Estate Mogul (Without Buying Property)
With a 37% gain in The Blackstone Group LP (NYSE: BX) since late July, we've done really well with our targeted investment in real estate.
And with very quick gains of 9% in BRF SA (NYSE ADR: BRFS), 5.2% in South American agricultural play Adecoagro SA (NYSE: AGRO) and 1.6% in high-tech agribusiness player Neogen Corp. (Nasdaq: NEOG), we're doing well with our plays on (pockets of) accelerating U.S. inflation.
Today we're going to combine the two concepts and employ a very simple formula we believe will add to your profits.
The formula: Inflation + Real Estate = Cash in Your Pocket.And we're going to recommend two stocks we expect will benefit from what we're seeing...
- Stock Market 0 Tuesday, April 22, 2014The "Earnings Beat" That's Perfect for This Market
- Technology Article 1 Wednesday, April 16, 2014These CEOs Will Make You Rich
- Global Investing 0 Tuesday, April 8, 2014Our Man in Japan Shares a Soros-Beating Move
- Stocks 4 Friday, March 28, 2014Cash In Big on Russia’s Tech Market
- Stocks to Buy 3 Friday, March 21, 2014The Biggest "Buy" Signal We've Seen
- Google 3 Wednesday, March 12, 2014Buy These Shares… Before Google Does
- Stocks to Buy 0 Thursday, February 27, 2014A Big-Money Declaration of Independence
- Wall Street 1 Thursday, February 13, 2014Why Wall Street Would Love to Bug Our Phones
- Best Investments 2014 1 Friday, February 7, 2014The 7 Best Investments for 2014