It's Not You... It's the Market

Dear Reader,

This is the most difficult market I've traded in since 2011. We've witnessed a lot of sideways action over the last two weeks, low volumes, and broad indecision. Investors aren't dumping stocks in droves - as it's clear that not many people want to sit in cash. 

The divergence between the market's expectations for rate cuts and the current Federal Reserve Dot-Plot is extreme. And hedge funds have been dumping oil over the last month on concerns about a recession (even though oil is now moving higher off oversold lows.)

If you feel like every move you're making isn't working right now - you're not alone. 

It's not you... It's the market. 

Today, I want to discuss a better way to improve your edge in this environment.

Housing Concerns

What Do You WANT To Own?

If you've spent the last few weeks buying long calls and puts, you're likely frustrated. This market has traded sideways, and you're likely trading positions with a lower probability of success. 

When it comes to trading options, it's critical that you know your likely success rate ahead of time. We calculate this using Probability of Profit.

The probability of profit (POP) in options trading estimates the odds that a particular options trade will be profitable. It is a statistical measure that takes into account factors such as the strike price of the option, the current market price of the underlying asset, the time remaining until the option expires, and the implied volatility of the underlying asset.

The POP is typically calculated using an options pricing model such as the Black-Scholes or similar models. This model takes into account various inputs to determine the theoretical price of an option, including the current market price of the underlying asset, the strike price of the option, the time remaining until expiration, and the volatility of the underlying asset.

Once the theoretical price of an option is determined, the POP can be calculated by comparing the difference between the theoretical price and the cost of the option.

A higher POP means there is a greater likelihood that the option trade will be profitable.

When you are trading call options, a PoP of 20% of less is a long shot. When you're selling put spreads - my preferred strategy at Flashpoint Trader - your odds of success on each trade is typically 80%. 

Today, I want to walk you through the best tool that I use for free each day.

Check out the show at 12:30 pm ET and look at the replays for our free training today. 

Today's Momentum Reading


Broad Market: Red
S&P 500: Red

Recap: The World's Biggest Indicator (Momentum) is Red...

Negative momentum has been falling, allowing low volume buying to push this market higher. We've seen larger outflows from the ETFs like the SPY and QQQ over the last week. This environment feels reminiscent of last June/July where it took six weeks for momentum to turn positive after a dramatic selloff into oversold territory. 

Long Shot Trade

If momentum goes positive, we'll see a short squeeze on a lot of names. How about the Fisker (FSR) April 6, 2023, $6.00 call for under $0.35.

What You Missed

Picture this - you've got $5,000 in your trading account.

11 months later, you're sitting on $32K.

And to get there, all you had to do was sit in on a single 30-minute call every week in this live trading room...

Make two trades per week on average...

And put under $1,000 in every trade.

Do that, and in those 11 months, you could have seen top-performing gains like:

  • 211% in 8 days
  • 219% in 16 days
  • 240% in 20 days
  • 338% in 9 days

Now, I don't claim to be some sort of market psychic. 

And the truth is, I didn't actually find these trades.

Tom Gentile did - using this revolutionary technology (built by a team of literal rocket scientists) to uncover every single winning trade.

And you can watch it in action right here.

But hurry - because he's being forced to take this video offline FOR GOOD come Friday.

Stay Liquid,


The post It's Not You... It's the Market appeared first on Midday Momentum.

About the Author

Garrett Baldwin is a globally recognized research economist, financial writer, consultant, and political risk analyst with decades of trading experience and degrees in economics, cybersecurity, and business from Johns Hopkins, Purdue, Indiana University, and Northwestern.

Read full bio