Start the conversation
Watch Live Market Trading & Analysis with Chris Johnson
The Latest: Monday, June 15
- Chris is watching the iShares Russell 2000 Index ETF (NYSEARCA: IWM) today, which has seen 30 trading days where it lost 5% or more in a single day (less than 1% of the time).
- Last Thurday’s (June 11) -7.4% move was one of them.
- Historically, the IWM rallies an average of 4.3% the following day, 63% of the time… But it was only up 1% last Friday.
- That means that more downside pain is likely for small cap stocks the rest of this week.
- So, now is the time to apply your hedges and initiate trailing stop loss trades if you haven’t already.
- Here are three stocks Chris is researching today:
- Shopify Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOP) was upgraded to overweight from neutral at Piper Sandler, who raised their price target to $843 per share. The stock got a 7% pop.
- iRobot Corp. (NASDAQ: IRBT) jumped 10% on news that the company anticipates Q2 revenues between $260 and $270 million, up from prior analyst expectations of $182 million.
- And Carnival Corp. (NYSE: CCL) is scheduled to announce earnings on Wednesday. Don’t take a position, just study what happens.
- Every trading dat at 11 a.m.: Chris goes live again… but not publicly.
- The recommendations he gives at 11:00 are so valuable, he simply can’t make them available to everyone.
- But to see how YOU can be one of the select few to get a chance at profits as high as 560%... all you have to do is click here.
More from Chris
About Chris Johnson
Chris Johnson is a highly regarded equity and options analyst who has spent much of his 23-year market career designing and interpreting complex models to help investment firms transform millions of data points into impressive gains for clients.
He began building his proprietary models in 1998, analyzing about 2,000 records per day. Today, that database, which Chris designed and coded from scratch, analyzes a staggering 700,000 records per day. It's the secret behind the multiple money-doubling windfalls he shows his Night Trader readers.
Chris holds degrees in finance, statistics, and accounting. He worked as a licensed broker for 11 years before taking on the role of Director of Quantitative Analysis at a big-name equity and options research firm for eight years.
He is a frequent commentator on financial markets for CNBC, Fox, Bloomberg TV, and CBS Radio and has been featured in Barron's, USA Today, Newsweek, and The Wall Street Journal, and numerous books.