Start the conversation
Live Stock Market Trading & Analysis with Shah Gilani
The Latest: Tuesday, June 9
- Shah spent most of his livestream answering viewers’ individual stock pick questions.
- He likes Penn National Gaming, Inc. (NASDAQ: PENN), currently trading for $32.50, but recommends investors keep a tight stop loss order on the pick.
- If it doesn’t hold $30, it could break significantly lower.
- Shah thinks Nikola Corp. (NASDAQ: NKLA) is interesting, but doesn’t understand how it’s worth as much as Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) with limited sales history and known facts about the company.
- This stock is up 300% in the last month and there’s no telling what it could do next. Do further research before betting one way or the other.
More from Shah
About Shah Gilani
Shah Gilani boasts a financial pedigree unlike any other. He ran his first hedge fund in 1982 from his seat on the floor of the Chicago Board Options Exchange.
He helped develop what has become known as the Volatility Index (VIX) – to this day one of the most widely used indicators worldwide. After leaving Chicago to run the futures and options division of the British banking giant Lloyd's TSB, Shah moved up to Roosevelt & Cross Inc., an old-line New York boutique firm. There he originated and ran a packaged fixed-income trading desk and established that company's "listed" and OTC trading desks.
Shah founded a second hedge fund in 1999, which he ran until 2003.
Shah's vast network of contacts includes the biggest players on Wall Street and in international finance. These contacts give him the real story – when others only get what the investment banks want them to see.