The Alibaba stock price has rallied 12% in the last month, and we see BABA stock climbing even higher from here in 2016.
Alibaba stock price today
- Why the Alibaba Stock Price's 12% Rally This Month Is Just the Start
- Alibaba Stock Price Heading Higher After This Month's 12% Rally
- Alibaba Stock Price Up Today After $3.6 Billion Purchase (NYSE: BABA)
- Alibaba Stock Price Soars 11% Today and Will Continue Higher (NYSE: BABA)
- Should I Buy Alibaba Stock Now? (NYSE: BABA)
- The Alibaba Stock Price Is Up 22% This Month, and Will Climb Higher (NYSE: BABA)
- Alibaba Stock Price Climbs After This Shareholder Letter Delivery (NYSE: BABA)
- Alibaba Stock Price Today Slips as Lock-Up Period Ends (NYSE: BABA)
- Bearish Alibaba Stock Price Prediction Misses the Point (NYSE: BABA)
- Alibaba Stock Still a Buy (NYSE: BABA)
- Yahoo's Alibaba Spin-Off Plan Dealt a Major Blow by IRS (Nasdaq: YHOO)
- Why the Alibaba Stock Price Is Down 13% This Month
- Alibaba Stock Price Falls After Earnings, How to Play BABA Stock Now (NYSE: BABA)
- After Alibaba Earnings, Here's What to Expect from Alibaba Stock (NYSE: BABA)
- Alibaba Stock Up Today After $4.6 Billion Purchase of Suning (NYSE: BABA)
- Alibaba Mobile Payments Dealt a Blow by Chinese Central Bank (NYSE: BABA)
The Alibaba stock price is up 12.5% in the last month, while the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are up just 3.9% and 3.4% in the same time, respectively.
Alibaba acquired Chinese video service Youku Tudou for $3.6 billion.
As a result, the Alibaba stock price is up because of the acquisition offer.
The Alibaba stock price soared as much as 10.6% today (Tuesday) to an intraday high of $84.45 after a top- and bottom-line beat on quarterly earnings.
For fiscal Q2 2016, Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) reported earnings per share (EPS) of $0.57 on revenue of $3.5 billion. Consensus estimates called for EPS of $0.54 on $3.35 billion in revenue.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) stock had fallen more than 43% in 2015 through September, but the stock has rebounded more than 25% in the last month.
The Alibaba stock price was up as much as 2.6% this morning after Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) officials announced a $3.6 billion offer for the Chinese video streaming site Youku Tudou Inc. (NYSE: YOKU).
The Alibaba stock price is now up nearly 22% in October.
The Alibaba stock price has climbed 15.3% in October and is up another 2.9% today (Thursday) after the company released a letter to shareholders reassuring them of the company's growth prospects.
But since November, the Alibaba stock price has fallen roughly 45% amid concerns over a slowing economy in China.
The Alibaba stock price is down another 1.6% today (Thursday) and hit an all-time low of $58 shortly after the opening bell.
The lock-up period on $105 billion worth of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) stock ended on Saturday.
Alibaba stock is down another 2.9% this week after a report from Barron's indicated the e-commerce stock could fall another 50%.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) shares hit a high of $120 in the two months following the company's September 2014 IPO. But Barron's issued an Alibaba stock price prediction that sees BABA slipping from its current price near $63 all the way down to nearly $30 per share.
Alibaba stock was dealt another huge blow this weekend when Barron's wrote a report saying the Chinese e-commerce company's stock could drop another 50%.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) was down another 3.2% in afternoon trading following the report. Alibaba stock is now down nearly 40% this year to $62.50.
Yahoo Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) has been planning for a $23 billion Alibaba spin-off, but the company was dealt a major blow by the IRS yesterday.
Yahoo officials had planned to spin off 384 million shares of Alibaba Group Holding Inc. (NYSE: BABA) in what would have been a tax-free transaction.
The Alibaba stock price has dropped 13.6% in the last month and is now down nearly 35% in 2015.
Today (Monday), shares of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) were trading just above $67, meaning BABA stock is now below its IPO price of $68.
The Alibaba stock price was down as much as 8.2% today after the Chinese e-commerce company had a weak earnings report.
Shortly after the opening bell, Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) hit an all-time low of $71.03 per share.
The Alibaba earnings report will be released before the opening bell tomorrow (Wednesday, Aug. 12), and consensus estimates call for earnings per share (EPS) of $0.58.
Net income is expected to come in at $841 million, which will be a 57% decline from last year.
Alibaba stock is up 2% this morning (Monday) after the company announced it will be spend $4.63 billion on the electronics chain Suning Commerce Group Inc.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) officials said the $4.63 billion price tag will buy the company a 20% stake in Suning. In return, Suning will receive a 1.1% stake in Alibaba.