Hot stocks to watch, August 21, 2014: Thursday brings earnings from a dollar store company involved in a takeover battle, a growing branded meat processor, several key retailers, and a couple of tech players.
- DLTR, SHLD Top Thursday's Hot Stocks to Watch
- U.S. Stock Market News: LOCO and FDO Surge, RSX Slumps
- Family Dollar Stock (NYSE: FDO) Up 26% - Will Dollar General Make Competing Bid?
- Dow Jones Today Closes Out the Week on These Top Stories
- What to Watch in the Stock Market Today: One of the Largest Hacks in U.S. History
Stock market today, July 28, 2014: U.S. stock markets were up modestly on Monday ahead of a critical round of data that will be released by the federal government this week.
Today, a report indicated that the services sector reached a four-and-a-half-year high, creating new optimism about the nation's economic recovery. On Wednesday markets will see their first glimpse of second-quarter GDP, while Friday centers on the July unemployment rate.
Family Dollar stock (NYSE: FDO) was up more than 20% on news it’s being bought by Dollar Tree (Nasdaq: DLTR).
Stock market news, June 20, 2014: The Dow Jones today (Friday) will open after a 0.09% gain on Thursday, while the S&P 500 will seek its 22nd record high so far in 2014. The Nasdaq kicks off after shedding 0.08% yesterday.
Stock market today, May 22, 2014: Yesterday (Wednesday), the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed with a triple digit jump after no surprises emerged from the U.S. Federal Reserve's April meeting minutes.