The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied late on Friday after a surge by tech stocks overshadowed growing banking concerns in Portugal.
How the Dow did today
- How the Dow Jones Industrial Average Did Today
- Dow Jones Today: Markets Moving on GM, RSH, TWC News
- Top News Affecting the Dow Jones Today
- May Jobs Report Leads the Dow Jones Today
- Dow Jones Futures Climb Today Ahead of Big Financial News
- Top Stories Affecting the Dow Jones Industrial Average Today and More
- Here's What's Going On with the Dow Jones Today
- Dow Jones Futures Higher Today Following Friday's Record-Breaking Session
- Dow Jones Kicks Off Short Week Sailing on U.S. Home Sales' High and These Stories
- What the Dow Jones Industrial Average Did Today
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average Is Up on Home Sales and These Top Stories
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average Jumps Triple Digits on These Top Stories
- Dow Jones Industrial Average Slumps Today on Poor Retail Earnings
- Dow Jones Industrial Average Rises Today on These Top Stories
- Stock Market Today Slammed; Dow Jones Industrial Average Falls 167 Points
- Here's When the Dow Jones Industrial Average Will Hit 17,000
Dow Jones today, June 10, 2014: The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit another record on Monday, while the S&P 500 rose even closer to the 2,000 level. Markets are still reacting positively to last week's jobs report and expected stimulus measures by the European Central Bank. Despite the strong uptick, U.S. futures are indicating a retreat this morning from record levels.
Stock market today, June 9, 2014: The Dow Jones is set to kick off the week after reaching a record high on Friday along with the S&P 500. A positive jobs report and increased support from the European Central Bank factored into the climb.
Stock market news today, June 6, 2014: The Dow Jones Industrial Average reached a record high again on Thursday after the European Central Bank announced plans to cut interest rates and possibly consider stimulus efforts. The ECB slashed its main refinancing rate to a historic low from 0.25% to 0.15%. It also cut its deposit rate to -0.1%.
Stock market news today, June 5, 2014: Dow Jones futures pointed toward a 0.02% gain on Thursday ahead of the highly anticipated policy statement from the European Central Bank (ECB). The rise comes fresh off of yesterday's (Wednesday's) notable surge, when the Dow Jones Industrial Average hit a new intraday high and the Standard & Poor's 500 Index hit its 16th record high of the year.
Dow Jones Industrial Average today, June 4, 2014: The Dow Jones Industrial Average Today (Wednesday) will follow yesterday's 21.29 point (-0.13%) slip.
Dow Jones today, June 3, 2014: The Dow Jones today (Tuesday) is indicating it will move higher at opening bell, while the Nasdaq appears weak. On Monday, the Dow and Standard & Poor's 500 Index finished at record-high levels.
Dow Jones futures today, June 2, 2014: Dow Jones futures were up this morning (Monday) after the Dow Jones Industrial Average squeezed out a record-breaking close on Friday. The Standard and Poor's 500 followed suit, setting up for a positive start today following its own record-high on Friday. Nasdaq futures were also higher before market open.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped Friday after new home sales in the United States surged to a three-and-a-half-year high. The S&P 500 closed above 1,900 for the first time ever.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained Thursday on positive news in the housing market. Data from the National Association of Realtors indicated a 1.3% increase in home sales in April. This is the first increase of the year.
Also contributing to the Dow's rise were abating concerns about the Chinese manufacturing sector.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped triple digits after no surprises emerged from the Federal Reserve's April meeting minutes. Here are today's closing numbers:
DOW: 16,533.06, +158.75 points
S&P 500: 1,888.03, +15.2 points
NASDAQ: 4,131.54, 34.65 points
The Dow Jones Industrial Average plummeted more than 100 points on Tuesday after a sharp selloff in retail stocks rattled the markets.
Here are today's closing numbers:
The Dow Jones Industrial Average was up on Monday despite the fact that a megadeal between the world's leading drug companies has fallen through. Tech and small-cap stocks saw the strongest performances on the day.
Here are today's closing numbers from the Dow Jones, S&P 500, and Nasdaq today:
Dow Jones Industrial Average: 16,511.86, +0.12%
S&P 500: 1,885.08, +0.38%
Nasdaq: 4,125.81, +0.86%
Stock Market Today, May 15, 2014: The Dow Jones Industrial Average slumped as many as 200 points on Thursday on lukewarm housing numbers, poor retail earnings, and a sell-off in small-cap stocks.
Here are the closing numbers:
DOW: 16,447, -1.00%
S&P 500: 1,871, -0.93%
NASDAQ: 4,069, -0.77%