IBM Corp. (NYSE: IBM)
- Stock Market Today: What History Shows Us About Second Half Performance
- Keith Fitz-Gerald on Samsung, IBM and Why Businesses Won't Borrow
- Tech Stocks On the Move Today: SanDisk Corp. (Nasdaq: SNDK), Yahoo Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO), IBM Corp. (NYSE: IBM)
The stock market today got the third quarter, and second half of the year, off to a strong start with all three benchmarks logging gains right out of the gate. Shortly after the open, the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 104.61, or 0.70%, to 15,014.21. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index climbed 13.57, or 0.84%, […]
Money Morning Chief Investment Strategist Keith Fitz-Gerald joined FOX News' Neil Cavuto for a "Biz Blitz" segment April 26. On tap were these three hot issues of the moment:
- Issue #1: Samsung profit is soaring, while tech king Apple is on the decline. Is this because of buzz Samsung is creating for its phones, or are we witnessing a major consumer shift for the hottest tech products? Does Samsung have a shot at winning over Apple lovers?
- Issue #2: IBM CEO in an internal company video tells employees after a weak earnings report to get their act together - or get out. Is this too harsh, or a necessary tactic to turn the company around? Can it work?
- Issue #3: Outstanding loans by the biggest banks to U.S. companies fell 9% in the first two weeks of April compared to the end of March. What's behind the decline - and what does it tell us about the U.S. economy in 2013?
Stocks tumbled Wednesday due to investor unease, and contributed to slips in tech stocks including SanDisk Corp. (Nasdaq: SNDK), Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) and IBM Corp. (NYSE: IBM). Markets fell after minutes from the U.S. Federal Reserve meeting released Tuesday signaled no new stimulus from Team Bernanke. The Fed believes the U.S. economy is improving […]