impact of financial crisis on us economy
- Why America Hates Congress
- U.S. Economy In Crisis: How To Prepare For The New 2012 Recession
- The Real State of the Union: A Rescue Plan for the U.S. Economy
The first thing investors and analysts want to know is whether or not the president's jobs bill will work. The answer to that question is "no" - not as it stands, anyway.
In fact, this may be our last chance.
"If I had the chance to sit down with President Obama and Fed Chairman Bernanke, I would offer [them an] eight-point plan that's designed to increase growth, provide jobs and increase America's international competitiveness," says Fitz-Gerald, a well-known commentator and bestselling author who is Money Morning's chief investment strategist.
In this second installment of a two-part interview with Money Morning Executive Editor William Patalon III, Fitz-Gerald took the time to outline that eight-point rescue plan for the U.S. economy. In that plan, the changes Fitz-Gerald calls for include:
- Cuts in federal spending.
- Pension reforms at all levels.
- A halt to weak-dollar policies.
- And a realization by Washington that it's time to take China much more seriously.
The highlights of Part II follow below. And if you missed Part I, you can access yesterday's story by clicking here.
To read Keith Fitz-Gerald's fix-it plan for the U.S. economy, please read on...