- Taipan Daily: Investment Lessons - Letting Go, Diversification and Risk Taking
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway is Riding the Rails Again
- When in Doubt, Follow the Leader: Warren' Been Working on the Railroad
- French Bank Finally Says the Emperor Has No Clothes, Global Stocks Tumble
- The Three Simple Secrets to Global Investing Profits
- Manage Your Risk and Boost Your Profits, Even in a Volatile Market
- (Jimmy) Rogers and Me: The Latest Wisdom From a Global Investing Guru
Every once in a while, it pays to go back to school. Even investors who've been around the block a time or two need a refresher in some time-tested lessons. That especially goes for us editors here at Taipan Publishing Group. We analyze and sift through so much information to get to an investment opportunity […]
Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK.A, BRK.B) - on a railroad kick since early this spring - has purchased 6,000 more shares of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp. (BNI), the latest in a series of significant railroad-share purchases made by the Omaha investment firm.
By Jason Simpkins Staff Writer Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK.A, BRK.B) has been on a railroad kick since early this spring. This run along the rails by the so-called “Oracle of Omaha” began in April, when Berkshire Hathaway made its first move on Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp. (BNI), the nation’s second-largest railroad. In […]
By Keith Fitz-Gerald Contributing Editor As I stare at my trading screens today, I’m reminded of that Hans Christian Anderson fable in which the Emperor has no clothes. In case you don’t recall that story from your childhood, the “Emperor” walks around naked while all his subjects “admire” his invisible garments. Finally, a young boy […]
By William Patalon III Managing Editor "The Prince" has targeted China's booming hotel sector. If you're a confirmed Contrarian, like me, or are merely an avid investor, you already know that I'm talking about Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Alsaud, the shrewdest and most-successful investor to come out of the Middle East. Prince Alwaleed is […]
If there's one key to investing success, it's this: Manage your risk.
If you have even a passing interest in the art of investing, you've no doubt heard of investing guru Jim Rogers.