is al gore running for president

Article Index

When Vice Presidents Run for President, Here's How They Do

2016 election

When vice presidents run for president, they don't tend to win. But they do better now than they used to...

Prior to the Eisenhower/Nixon era of the early '50s, 30% of vice presidents who ran made it to the oval office (the other 70% superseded the president after his death).

Here's what happens nowadays when VPs run for president, plus a look at Joe Biden's and Al Gore's chances in the 2016 presidential race...