Money Morning Staff
- Why the Mining Sector Doesn't Need Banks
- U.S. Nuclear Power Sector to Rebound; Will Create New Profit Plays for Energy Investors
- Deeper Gloom Will Lead to Bigger Boom, Money Morning's Fitz-Gerald to Detail in Tuesday's Free Web Summit
- Money Morning Seeks Associate Business Editor For Fast-Growing News Service
- Fed Leaves Rates Unchanged, Says Inflation Outlook is Better
- Disappointment in Durables Leads to Worries of Prolonged U.S. Malaise
- Bond Guru Calls For Interest Rate Cuts, But is it DÃ©jÃ vu All Over Again?"
- Sinking Consumer Confidence: A Harbinger of Rougher Waters Ahead?
- Time For Fed-Watchers to Watch the Fed
- "Reverse Merger" Will Make Europe's GLG Hedge Fund Firm a Public Company
- Alternative Energy: How Oil's Unpredictability Is Driving Investment In Renewable Fuel Sources
- Flextronics Deal Creates Competition for Taiwan's Hon Hai
- Ethanol, Mileage Agreements Reached Despite Disagreements
- Blackstone Booms on Its First Day of Trading
- ETFs: The New Way to Profit From Global Growth
- Consumer Debt: A Mixed Money Flow Message
Money Morning Staff Reports In the magical world of FinanceLand, it seems evil Dr. Doom has landed on the capital (Stall Street), and with a zap from his freezing ray-gun, has permeated the landscape with a thick layer of frost. The effect: Traditional sources of financing – indeed, virtually every type of credit – have […]
Money Morning Staff Reports It's been 30 years since the accident at Three Mile Island effectively killed the commercial nuclear power industry in the United States. But strongly escalating concerns about global warming, growing worries about so-called "Peak Oil," and greatly improved nuclear-power technology are combining to make nuclear power an increasingly alluring option in […]
Money Morning Staff Reports When most investors look at today’s financial markets, they see nothing but gloom and doom. But when Money Morning Investment Director Keith Fitz-Gerald looks at the same scenery, he sees the potential for investors to reap the benefits of “financial opportunity of a lifetime.” But only if certain key factors – […]
By William Patalon III Managing Editor If you have business writing experience and a superb knowledge of investing and the capital markets – and want to spread your creative wings and bid adios to your stodgy newsroom or brokerage house – then we'd like to talk to you. Money Morning, the industry's fastest-growing global-investing news […]
Fed Leaves Rates Unchanged, Says Inflation Outlook is Better
Demand for big-ticket U.S.-made goods plunged in May, as orders for metals, heavy machinery and even aircraft all skidded. The orders for so-called "durable" goods dropped by 2.8% last month – the biggest decline in four months, and far more than the 1% decline economists had projected. This report is considered a crucial indicator of […]
Bond guru William H. Gross believes the fallout from the subprime mortgage crisis will spread beyond the housing sector, inducing the Fed to cut interest rates.
Consumer confidence skidded in June to its lowest level in nearly a year...
It's what they say - not what they do - that will count.
GLG Partners, one of the largest hedge funds in the European market, will go public in the United States in a "reverse merger" valued at $3.4 billion.
Investors had feared that the Nigerian Oil Strike would be a long work outage, causing overblown oil prices instead of spiking energy prices.
With its recent agreement to buy rival Solectron for $3.6 billion, Flextronics is hoping that it will gain the manufacturing and marketing muscle needed to keep pace with its other foreign rivals
The Senate last week approved a bill calling for a bigger use of ethanol, as well as the first boost in gas mileage requirements in several decades.
Capitalizing on the private-equity wave, The Blackstone Group saw its shares soar in their IPO on Friday, even though the broader market skidded lower.
It pays to go global with exchange-traded funds (ETFs) - over the past several years, international ETFs have been one of the main stars in the investment arena.