Gold prices today (Friday) fell to fresh new lows below the $1,200-an-ounce threshold for the first time since mid-December.
what the gold price did today
- Why gold prices today are at the lowest level since Christmas
- Why Gold Prices Are Up Today from 9-Month Lows
- How the Fed Is Moving Gold Prices Today
- Why Gold Prices Today Are Rebounding from an 11-Week Low
- Gold Prices Today Rise 0.7% as Fears Reignite in Russia-Ukraine Region
- How the Gold Spot Price Will React to the Federal Reserve Meeting This Week
After being on track for a third-straight session gain, gold prices today (Wednesday) plummeted following afternoon announcements from the U.S. Federal Reserve.
Gold prices today (Thursday) climbed higher in morning trading, on track for global gains across three consecutive trading sessions.
Watch for the gold spot price - the price of gold for immediate delivery - to make dramatic moves as the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meets this week.
It has already had a volatile morning ahead of the meeting's Tuesday kickoff.