The newest investment picks from Money Morning experts are some of the most fascinating plays so far this year.
Two stocks that take advantage of rising rent costs and inflation will let investors profit like a real estate mogul - without actually buying property. A Canadian small-cap venture company taps into the "Holy Grail" of energy investing...
Get these plus more of our latest, best ways to capture profits.
Stocks to Buy Right Now
- Three "Insider" Stocks to Buy Now When insiders buy up their own company stock, there's just one reason - they're pretty sure their shares will go up in value. And sure enough, studies have shown that in the 12 months after insiders buy, that stock outperforms the total market by 8.9%. So when insiders are buying - as they are at these three companies - it's time for investors to go shopping...
- 4 Drug Stocks to Buy Now to Capitalize on Emerging Market Growth Overall, this sector has healthy global sales of $959 billion and is expected to grow those sales at a rate of 4.5% a year. But in emerging markets, sales in this sector will grow at three times that rate. And on top of that, another development will make these markets even more lucrative. We've identified the handful of companies best-positioned to take advantage of this...
Five Stocks to Buy Now to Play the 2014 Mobile Payment Revolution
More Americans are cutting up their credit cards, and it's for a reason you might not expect.
The rise of mobile applications and Near-Field Communications (NFC) technology continues to carve market share from plastic payment methods.
And now, the trend is going mainstream in one of the most trafficked businesses in America.
Starbucks Corp. (Nasdaq: SBUX) announced this week that it currently receives 11% of its U.S. and Canadian sales through its mobile application. And that figure is expected to rise as the company continues to market its convenient closed-loop payment system.Click here to continue reading...
Best Stocks to Buy Now: A Money Morning Weekly Roundup
Last week's best stocks to buy were influenced by several crises building on Capitol Hill - the 2014 fiscal budget and looming government shutdown, the debt ceiling, and mounting anxieties over the Federal Reserve's QE taper timing.
As a result of these factors, many concerned investors turned to cash.
But with money market instruments yielding next to nothing, you will miss out on 100% of market gains if you are just sitting on cash. Money Morning keeps reminding readers that savvy investors make money in all kinds of markets - and we found just the right stocks to buy to make the most of current conditions.
Here's a recap of our picks for the best stocks to buy now, culled from last week's Money Morning daily articles, videos, and insights from our in-house experts:To continue reading click here...
The Best Stocks to Buy Now: A Weekly Roundup
In case you missed last week's profiles of some of the best stocks to buy right now, here's an overview of the profit plays our Money Morning experts shared with members.Read More...
- Two Cheap Growth Stocks To Buy Now If you want to shell out a little bit of money for a lot of growth potential, here are two cheap stocks to buy now with very bullish outlooks. Read more... Read More...
- Stocks to Buy: Three Solid Tech Picks for Under $5 a Share There’s no better way to capture maximum growth than with small-cap stocks, and this trio of tech companies look like terrific bargains right now. Read more... Read More...
Why Income Investors Will Love These Preferred Stocks to Buy Now
If you're looking for new types of stocks to buy now to ramp up your portfolio yield, have you considered preferred stocks?
Preferred stocks ("preferreds") trade like regular stock but they are more like bonds in that they provide a higher fixed-dividend payment than their common stock counterparts and they generally have less upside potential.
They're called "preferred" because they have higher claim on the assets and earnings of the company.
Preferred stocks are an oft-overlooked option for snagging income in today's yield-challenged markets, but several preferred stocks in industries like banking, real estate and energy can bring stability to a portfolio. And preferred stocks that have been issued recently in this lower rate environment can provide better value.Read More...
How the Stock Market Today is Following Up Friday's Big Rally
Investors took a breather in the stock market today after driving the Dow Jones Industrial Average 207.5 points higher on Friday.
Friday saw the Dow's second-biggest gain of 2013, after investors cheered a "Goldilocks" jobs report: not too hot, not too cold. For the week, the Dow added 132.55 points, or 0.88%.
There was plenty of news to sway the stock market today despite its muted open.
The world's largest credit rating agency Standard & Poor's boosted its credit outlook for the United States to "stable" from "negative" and reduced the threat of further downgrades.
Citing receding fiscal risks, S&P said the chance of a ratings downgrade is now "less than one in three."
"It was a quite shocking event for the markets when the U.S. was downgraded to negative, so to have that rating repaired is meaningful," Lawrence Creaturea, a Rochester, NY-based manager at Federated Investors Inc. told Bloomberg News. "Economic data has been improving gradually and S&P's upgrade is a recognition of that."
Overseas news was mixed.Read More...
A Huge LNG Energy Boom Has Begun
If you can sell something for $4 here and $16 somewhere else, where would you sell it?
Well, the shale gas we're producing in North America has buyers in Asia willing to pay 4x the going price here. That spells a lot of opportunity for companies helping to get liquefied natural gas (LNG) across the Pacific.
See our top choices for this nascent boom here...
- Stocks to Buy Now: Two Companies with Strong Insider Buying With strong insider buying, these may be two of the hottest stocks to buy now. Here’s why these companies’ directors see huge profits ahead... Read more... Read More...
How to Invest in the U.S. Natural Gas Revolution
It's no secret America has been in the midst of a natural gas revolution.
The technological advancement of fracking is causing nothing less than a full on shale boom, opening up amazing new profit opportunities if you know how to invest in natural gas - which I'll get to later.Read More...
- Two Turnaround Stocks to Buy Now that Most Investors Will Miss If you’re willing to consider these “turnaround” stocks to buy now, you could triple your money in a few years – at least. Here’s how. Read more... Read More...
- Two Natural Gas Stocks to Buy Now Before the Transportation Revolution Here are two stocks to buy that sit in the sweet spot of a dramatic change that has just started to sweep through in the U.S. trucking industry. Read more... Read More...
How to Find the Best Undervalued Stocks to Buy Now
When looking for the best undervalued stocks to buy now, you can't just consider those that have lagged the broader market.
Many companies that are down for the year in what has been a strong stock market have declined for solid reason and the near and intermediate-term outlook is still weak.
While there is a tendency for these undervalued stocks to eventually revert to the mean, you can increase your odds of a successful contrarian investment by selecting those that are also cheap on one important valuation measure.Read More...