Just under a year ago, Capital Wave Forecast Editor Shah Gilani said it was time to buy Microsoft Corp. (NasdaqGS: MSFT).
It was a surprising call. The once-great software giant had become a moribund also-ran, and Wall Street clearly saw no future for the Redmond, Washington-based company.
As is so often the case, Wall Street was wrong.
Microsoft shares are up 40% in the last year, and still some of the pros seem reluctant to believe in the turnaround.
But it's a new day for Microsoft. Satya Nadella is firmly in charge from the corner office. He's setting the new tone and company direction, and he announced a massive layoff last week that sent shares surging.
And now comes the payoff, as MSFT's earnings take center stage on Tuesday. All of which makes it a great time to revisit this call on Mr. Softy. Full Story
- We'll Book Texas-Sized Profits from This Huge Pure Play
- Netflix Stock Up On Big Q2 Earnings
- Why Halliburton Earnings Lifted Its Stock
- This U.S. Housing Market Is Like 2009 All Over Again
- Alibaba IPO Price May Come at a Discount to Investors
- How This Great American Dream Is Turning Scam
- Don't Hesitate on This Industry Boom That's Already Here
- Apple Stock News: "Microsoft Had Better Watch Out"
- Student Loan Debt and the Higher Education Scam