Besides its environmental advantages, solar power has always had one great benefit: It's hyper local. Solar panels make it possible to generate electricity on-site, precisely where it's needed. Like a portable generator powered by the sun, solar energy promises power wherever the sun shines.
What began as backup to more conventional grid-networked sources of power has quickly blossomed into a separate profit center.
And a blockbuster acquisition announced earlier this month is about to make investing in solar energy a lot more appealing. Full Story
- How to Invest in Silver Today for Double-Digit Gains
- Fed Policy Failures Leave $10.8 Trillion Under the Mattress
- Who to Blame and How to Profit as Obamacare Costs Soar
- The Clear Map to This "Hidden" Investment Treasure
- Carl Icahn Oddly Quiet on the eBay-PayPal Spin-off
- This Number Proves Pot Stocks Are Here to Stay
- How to Invest Like Warren Buffett in the U.S. Energy Revolution
- How to Give Bank of America the Punishment It Deserves
- Alibaba Is Casting a Long Shadow Over the IPO Market
- The Apple-IBM Deal Has One Clear Winner: You
- The New Way the Government Is Poisoning the American Dream