William Patalon III- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
William (Bill) Patalon III is the Executive Editor and Senior Research Analyst for Money Morning at Money Map Press. Before he moved into the investment-research business in December 2005, Bill spent 22 years as a journalist, most of it covering financial news as a reporter, columnist, and editor that included stints with Gannett Co. Inc., and The Baltimore Sun.
Bill has covered finance and investing, economics, manufacturing, the defense sector, biotechnology, and telecommunications. The companies he’s covered include Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Harley-Davidson, Caterpillar, Westinghouse Electric, Verizon, MedImmune, and Black & Decker.
His most-memorable interviews include: former President Richard M. Nixon, General Electric CEO John F. “Jack” Welch, Forbes magazine publisher and former Presidential candidate Steve Forbes, and business-turnaround specialist and helicopter-industry pioneer Stanley Hiller Jr.
It was Bill’s work covering Eastman Kodak Co., during the last half of the 1990s that solidified his reputation as one of the nation’s top analytical business journalists. With his award-winning reports on Kodak’s competitive travails, he consistently scooped his competitors in the national business media. His chronicles of Kodak’s turnaround efforts took him to China, Japan, Silicon Valley, New York, Washington, D.C., and even Hollywood.
His work has appeared in Kiplinger’s personal finance magazine, USA Today, and The South China Morning Post, among other publications. A winner of approximately two-dozen journalism awards – including top honors from The Associated Press and the prestigious Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW). Patalon is also the co-author of the Prentice Hall book, "Contrarian Investing: How to Buy and Sell When Others Won’t and Make Money Doing It." Before taking over Money Morning, he served as the editor of The Rebound Report, an investment newsletter focusing on turnaround stocks.
Today Bill is the creator and editor of Private Briefing. With his latest project, he takes you "behind the scenes" of his established investment news website for a closer look at the action. Members get all the expert analysis and exclusive scoops he can't publish… and some of the most valuable picks that turn up in Bill's closed-door sessions with editors and experts.
Bill has a BA in Print Journalism from Penn State University, and an MBA in finance from the Rochester Institute of Technology.
William'S LATEST HEADLINES
- cryptocurrency 0 Wednesday, June 30, 2021Why This Bitcoin Sell-Off Is Yet Another Great Time to Buy
The extreme recent volatility in cryptocurrencies, particularly Bitcoin, has investors wondering how to play crypto.
But there's only one action to take amidst the selloff: Buy, buy, buy…Read more...
- cryptocurrency Tuesday, May 25, 2021How to Play Bitcoin Right Now
- Stocks Monday, May 10, 2021How to Invest with $2,000
- Stocks to Watch Friday, April 16, 2021"Should I Buy Coinbase?" We Asked a Top Crypto Expert
- Cannabis Tuesday, January 19, 2021This Cannabis Play Delivered 344% Profits for Starters
- cryptocurrency Monday, January 11, 2021The Bitcoin “Wildcatter” Who’s Called It Right Since 2016 Predicts Six-Figure Prices by 2022
- Defense Stock Monday, December 28, 2020Three Stocks to Help You Profit in the "New Cold War"
- Alibaba Friday, November 20, 2020Here’s How We’ll Cash In on China’s “Growing Pains”
- William Patalon III Media Friday, September 25, 2020A Robot Pilot Shot Down an F-16 - and That Makes This Tiny Defense Stock a "Buy"
- Biotech Stocks Tuesday, August 11, 2020Profit on This Biotech-Enabler That’s Suddenly a “Buy”