William Patalon III- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
William (Bill) Patalon III is the Executive Editor and Senior Research Analyst for Money Morning at Money Map Press. Before he moved into the investment-research business in December 2005, Bill spent 22 years as a journalist, most of it covering financial news as a reporter, columnist, and editor that included stints with Gannett Co. Inc., and The Baltimore Sun.
Bill has covered finance and investing, economics, manufacturing, the defense sector, biotechnology, and telecommunications. The companies he’s covered include Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Harley-Davidson, Caterpillar, Westinghouse Electric, Verizon, MedImmune, and Black & Decker.
His most-memorable interviews include: former President Richard M. Nixon, General Electric CEO John F. “Jack” Welch, Forbes magazine publisher and former Presidential candidate Steve Forbes, and business-turnaround specialist and helicopter-industry pioneer Stanley Hiller Jr.
It was Bill’s work covering Eastman Kodak Co., during the last half of the 1990s that solidified his reputation as one of the nation’s top analytical business journalists. With his award-winning reports on Kodak’s competitive travails, he consistently scooped his competitors in the national business media. His chronicles of Kodak’s turnaround efforts took him to China, Japan, Silicon Valley, New York, Washington, D.C., and even Hollywood.
His work has appeared in Kiplinger’s personal finance magazine, USA Today, and The South China Morning Post, among other publications. A winner of approximately two-dozen journalism awards – including top honors from The Associated Press and the prestigious Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW). Patalon is also the co-author of the Prentice Hall book, "Contrarian Investing: How to Buy and Sell When Others Won’t and Make Money Doing It." Before taking over Money Morning, he served as the editor of The Rebound Report, an investment newsletter focusing on turnaround stocks.
Today Bill is the creator and editor of Private Briefing. With his latest project, he takes you "behind the scenes" of his established investment news website for a closer look at the action. Members get all the expert analysis and exclusive scoops he can't publish… and some of the most valuable picks that turn up in Bill's closed-door sessions with editors and experts.
Bill has a BA in Print Journalism from Penn State University, and an MBA in finance from the Rochester Institute of Technology.
William'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Alibaba 0 Friday, November 20, 2020Here’s How We’ll Cash In on China’s “Growing Pains”
China’s recently adopted an anti-innovation stance with strict implications on its businesses, such as e-commerce giant Alibaba.
But that does NOT mean to dump Alibaba shares.
Instead, Bill Patalon will have us cashing in on this “one-stock wealth machine” no matter what China does next….Read more...
- William Patalon III Media Friday, September 25, 2020A Robot Pilot Shot Down an F-16 – and That Makes This Tiny Defense Stock a "Buy"
- Biotech Stocks Tuesday, August 11, 2020Profit on This Biotech-Enabler That’s Suddenly a “Buy”
- COVID-19 Stock Market Crash Monday, July 20, 2020This "Infection Correction" Stock Has More Than Doubled Since March – and It’s Not Too Late to Get In
- Friday, June 19, 2020The Core Stocks to Own for Years to Come
- COVID-19 Stock Market Crash Tuesday, May 26, 2020The Fine Art of Defensive Investing in Today's "Disruption Economy"
- COVID-19 Stock Market Crash Tuesday, May 19, 2020How to Invest $2,000 Right Now
- COVID-19 Monday, May 11, 2020The "Zoom of Healthcare" May Be the Greatest Company You Haven't Heard Of
- COVID-19 Stock Market Crash Wednesday, May 6, 2020The "COVID-19 Trigger Effect" Means Cash Is Trash – and Makes This Payment Innovator a Stock You Have to Own
- Apple Wednesday, April 22, 2020Apple Stock Will Still Hit $400 per Share