Last Monday, I shared a chart with Money Map Report subscribers and suggested they may want to batten down the hatches because I saw a 30- to 40-point drop happening by the end of the week.
Now I want to share that same chart with you plus a new one - and encourage you to do the same thing.
The shellacking the markets took last Thursday is the most powerful warning sign we've seen yet that things are not what they seem in the financial markets. For lack of a better term, it's a bearish omen, despite Monday's recovery.
Today I want to talk about what that means for your money and what you can do about it in the name of protecting your money and, more importantly, the pursuit of profits.
Contrary to what you might believe, not all bears are bad news.
Let's start with the chart....
how to invest
How to Find the Best Investments Amid Global Uncertainty: A Three-Tiered Strategy
Just last year, emerging markets were predicted to be the driving force behind a more than 5% annual global growth rate. Yet on March 11, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development reported that emerging markets are the reason why global growth will slow.Here are three metrics will help investors find the best investments abroad...
How to Invest in Agriculture Ahead of Price Spikes in 2014
Ukraine is Europe's most important actor in agriculture. And the Russian standoff over the Crimean region is creating a number of concerns for Europe's breadbasket.
Ukraine also feeds North Africa, and social unrest over food prices in nations like Egypt and Tunisia will heat up again if grain prices continue to soar.To continue reading, please click here...
Take Profits… While Everyone Else Takes Cover
Volatility has certainly defined the markets in the early weeks of 2014.
But rather than lock in losses by running to the sidelines, instead consider the profits that the boom/bust crowd are leaving behind...
You see, the market to date has dropped just 6% after last year's surge of some 28%.
It's only the investors expecting an uninterrupted bull market party from last year who were caught off guard.
So let's examine the market factors they're wrong about.
And then convert them into a rock-solid, income power play...
- How to Invest in the Most Expensive Drugs on the Market Drugs that treat rare diseases - "orphan drugs" - can command breathtaking prices. Five approved by the Food and Drug Administration this year cost $150,000 per person, and three cost more than $300,000. That has helped triple global revenue for orphan drugs from $28 billion in 2004 to $84 billion last year. And over the next few years the biggest winners in this lucrative market are not going to be Big Pharma, but these two companies...
Trailing Stops Explained – And Why You Need Them
Here at Money Morning, we're big proponents of using trailing stops as an easy and effective way to mitigate risk and boost gains.
And yet a surprisingly large group of individual investors don't use them, or have never heard the importance of trailing stops explained.To continue reading, please click here...
- Your "Uncle" Is the World's Smartest Trader It's interesting that an investor in the "communist" Peoples' Republic of China can make millions tax-free... while investors in the United States - the supposed bastion of free enterprise and capitalism - have to pay, in some cases, a near-50% tax on investment gains. If trading and investing is all about weighing risk and reward, then the tax code itself makes Uncle Sam the ultimate trader. He gets a nice chunk of your reward, even as he avoids your risk. Now, I don't mind having Uncle Sam as a silent partner, but like any good partner, he should stick around to help shoulder losses during bad times as well as participate in the good times. Unfortunately, this isn't what happens...
- "The Best Opportunity of the Decade" From the Editor: We're providing special access to Private Briefing today because it contains a crucial conversation between Executive Editor Bill Patalon and Global Energy Strategist Dr. Kent Moors, who uncovered the massive new energy demand source you've been hearing about. This particular briefing details one of the longer-term beneficiaries in the natural gas space... At the end of our October 21 update on Cheniere Energy Inc. (NYSE: LNG) and the liquefied natural gas revolution, we promised to bring you an additional LNG recommendation. In this column, we're keeping that promise...
How to Invest Today in the Rapidly Shifting U.S. Natural Gas Market
The U.S. natural gas industry is undergoing seismic changes that are inverting the traditional gas supply-and-demand map of the United States - literally redrawing it.
And this offers the opportunity to make even more money than before for those who know how to invest in natural gas today.To continue reading, please click here...
How to Invest During Turbulent Times
Earlier this week (Monday), Money Morning Chief Investment Strategist Keith Fitz-Gerald appeared on Bloomberg TV to break down his method for how to invest during turbulent times.Watch Video
How to Invest in the World's Biggest Shale Oil Field
The shale oil and gas boom is going global, as we explored Tuesday in Money Morning.
And this means huge profit opportunities for those who know how to invest in this global shale revolution.To continue reading, please click here...
How to Invest in Natural Gas Today
There's a new global capital shift that's affecting how to invest in natural gas today for maximum profit.
You see, there was a time when U.S. manufacturing companies invested heavily in the Middle East because of the region's low-cost energy sources.
Today, that money is coming back home.
International companies have noticed that the United States is a cheap source of natural gas. That's because the rise of hydraulic fracturing triggered a boom in U.S. natural gas production.To continue reading click here...
- How to Invest in the Global Shale Oil and Gas Boom The shale oil and gas revolution has been particularly good to the United States and Canada, but by no means is it confined to North America. The United States, in fact, ranks only fourth in the world in recoverable shale gas resources. The best opportunities now are in places where the shale energy boom is just getting started...
- How to Invest in Emerging Markets Using One Simple Strategy Investors love emerging markets because they know that's where most of the world's growth is. But not all emerging markets are created equal. Fortunately, the best places to put your money all have something in common. You just have to look for one key trait...
How to Invest in California's Monterey Shale
Back in the times of the California gold rush, people didn't need to work out how to invest in the bonanza. They simply grabbed some basic mining gear and headed up into the hills.
Today California is the home of yet another wealth-creating boom - the oil contained within the Monterey Shale formation.
As Mark Twain once said, "History does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme."To continue reading, please click here...