Featured StoryEvery year I asked our team of experts here at Money Map Press to share their best investment ideas for the 12 months to come. And not surprisingly, this once-a-year bonus has become one of our most highly sought after and anticipated reports of the year. After all the recommendations have delivered 10 triple-digit gains […]
best investments 2013
Why PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP) Stock Is the Real No. 1
Pepsi or Coke?
How many times have we been offered that choice at a restaurant? But deciding on a beverage with a meal is merely a matter of taste.
After all, Coca-Cola is one of the 30 stocks in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Certainly it's the better stock, no?To continue reading, please click here...
Best Investments 2014: Put Money in Tech Today
Today (Monday), Stuart Varney of FOX Business' "Varney & Co." asked Money Morning Chief Investment Strategist Keith Fitz-Gerald if technology made his "Best Investments 2014" list.
Fitz-Gerald's answer: Absolutely.To continue reading, please click here...
Why Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) Stock Will Surprise You in 2014
Many people on Wall Street wrote off Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) stock after it plunged from its high of over $700 in September 2012 to below $400 by April 2013.
But not Money Morning Capital Wave Strategist Shah Gilani.
To continue reading, please click here...
- Why December Stock Market Performance Is the Best of the Year Is December your favorite month? If you're an investor, maybe it should be. The Dow Jones Industrial Average has averaged a 1.42% gain in December over the last century, with positive returns an amazing 73% of the time. This year the Dow could do even better. All the elements are falling into place...
- Why The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA) Stock Will Soar to New Heights Boeing stock is up 78% this year. And that's despite getting hit by a lot of widely reported problems with its 787 Dreamliner commercial aircraft as well as the ever-looming threat of defense spending cuts. Not many companies can bull their way through such setbacks and emerge a strong buy. Here's why investors have so much confidence in Boeing...
This Will Change the Way You Think About Investing Forever
We've already made good money playing publically traded oil and gas companies.
125% on Cheniere... 200% on Halliburton... 210% on Western Refining... 542% on Westport Innovations... 300% on Golar LNG...
And given energy's across-the-board potential, our focus on growth isn't going to change.
In fact, it's about to expand.
Something huge just slipped under the radar.
It was so significant that it promises to change how you think about investing forever - especially in oil and gas.
A late-summer change in the rules now allows for expanded access by retail investors into the lucrative world of venture capital.
It's called direct investment, and it goes far beyond just buying stocks, bonds, and options...
It opens up the potential for all of us to make some serious money. It really is a whole new ballgame.
And for you, it starts this Thursday - perhaps even sooner. (I'll let you know.)
Like I said, this is huge...
Best Investments in Emerging Markets: MINT Is the Next BRIC
In 2001, the BRICs - Brazil, Russia, India, and China - would be the engines of economic growth. These four countries demonstrated enough political stability, population growth, and openness of trade to warrant being acclaimed as the economic superstars of the next decade.
They were named the best investments to make to play global growth. And they delivered.To continue reading, please click here...
Best Stocks to Buy Now: A Money Morning Weekly Review
Our best stocks to buy list last week stemmed from oil and drug stocks - and some gems from tech, which we learned is not in a bubble...
It was a good week for investing as markets continued hitting record highs. The broad-based S&P 500 Index topped 1,800 for the first time Friday, just one day after the Dow sailed past 16,000, and the Nasdaq ended the week just shy of 4,000 (which it hit Monday this week).
As indexes climb, investors grow increasingly cautious. Predicted outcomes run the gamut from a modest market pullback, to a steep correction, to a bursting bubble.To continue reading, please click here...
- The Best Investment to Play Mexico's Growth One of the fastest-growing emerging markets in the world today is just south of the border - Mexico. A big reason for Mexico's success is its booming automotive industry, which has nearly doubled in the past decade. But to capture some of this growth for yourself, you don't need to put your money in any foreign firms. We've found a U.S. company offers a service the Mexican automakers just can't do without, setting it up to rake in profits for years...
- Nasdaq at 4,000: It's Not Tech Pushing the Index Higher On Monday, the Nasdaq index topped 4,000 - its highest level in 13 years. But unlike the last time this happened, during the notorious dot-com boom, tech stocks are not the prime driving force. The sector that's been pushing the Nasdaq higher this time around is soaring because the companies in it are making gobs of money - and have the potential to make much more. This is where you want to be invested in right now..
Finding the Best Energy Investments: Intel from Rio de Janeiro
If this is Thursday, it must be...Brazil.
I returned home late last night from Baltimore where we were putting the final touches on one of the best energy investments yet, a huge new precedent-setting play we'll be releasing very shortly.
But my wife Marina and I are now into a very hectic travel schedule.To continue reading, please click here...
Best Stocks to Buy Now: A Money Morning Weekly Wrap-Up
Money Morning's best stocks to buy last week focused on key earnings reports, the Federal Open Market Committee meeting, and the continued climb of market indexes.
Markets closed out October - a month haunted by the specters of the 1929 and 1987 crashes - with the Dow Jones Industrial Average up 3.6% and the S&P 500 higher by 5.4%. Year to date, the indexes are up 19.7% and 24.2% respectively.To continue reading, please click here...
- Apple Stock Price Headed Higher Despite Muddled Earnings The markets weren’t quite sure what to make of Apple’s murky earnings report, as its shares lost, then gained, and then lost again after the release. But Shah Gilani couldn’t be happier with its overall performance. Even the “Reluctant Bull” had trouble hiding his enthusiasm for the stock. Here's why he thinks Apple is going gangbusters...
- Stocks to Buy Now: When Boring Is Better It's oh-so-tempting to get caught up in the frenzy of a hot stock like Tesla or Netflix. But as often as not, these sexy stocks aren't all they're cracked up to be, and represent way more risk than reward. Your money is better off in a less flashy stock with much stronger fundamentals. That's why boring is the new sexy...
Best Stocks to Buy Now: A Money Morning Weekly Recap
Last week's best stocks to buy started out D.C. driven. But when the drama on Capitol Hill subsided - for now, at least - focus turned to third-quarter earnings.
Google Inc.'s (Nasdaq: GOOG) better-than-expected quarterly results and upbeat outlook helped markets move sharply higher.
The S&P 500 Index and the Nasdaq logged their best weekly gains in three months, up 2.42% and 3.23% respectively. It was the Nasdaq's best close since September 2000.To continue reading, please click here...