Shah Gilani is widely considered one of the world's foremost experts on the credit crisis.
He not only called for the implosion of the U.S. financial markets, he also predicted the historic rebound that began in March 2009. Shah's open letters to the White House, Congress, and U.S. Treasury secretaries outlined detailed policy options that have been lauded by academics and legislators alike.
His experience and knowledge uniquely distinguish Shah as a "trader's trader." Shah ran his first hedge fund in 1982 from his seat on the floor of the Chicago Board of Options Exchange. When the OEX (options on the Standard & Poor's 100) began trading on March 11, 1983, Shah was working in the pit as a market maker. And along with other traders, he popularized what later became known as the VIX (volatility index). He left Chicago to run the futures and options division of the British banking giant Lloyd's TSB.
Shah went on to originate and run a packaged fixed-income trading desk for Roosevelt & Cross Inc., an old-line New York boutique bond firm, and established that company's listed and OTC trading desks. Shah started another hedge fund in 1999, which he ran until 2003, when he retired to develop land holdings with partners.
Today Shah is the Event Trading Specialist for Money Map Press. He provides specific trading recommendations in Capital Wave Forecast, where he predicts gigantic "waves" of money forming and shows you how to play them for the biggest gains. In Short-Side Fortunes, Shah shows the "little guy" how to make massive size gains – sometimes in a single day – by flipping large asset classes like stocks, bonds, commodities, ETFs and more. He also writes our most talked-about publication, Wall Street Insights & Indictments, where he reveals how Wall Street's high-stakes game is really played.
Shah studied economics and psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles. He now lives in Miami, Fl.
Shah'S LATEST HEADLINES
- European Debt Crisis: How to Profit No Matter What Happens
- Three New Year's Resolutions That Will Bolster Your Investment Portfolio in 2011
- U.S. Stock Market Forecast: Tech, Energy, Commodities and Gold Are Top Plays For 2011
- Mobile Banking: Why VeriFone Systems Inc. (NYSE: PAY) is Positioned to Win
- Quantitative Easing: The Real Reason the Fed May Go For QE3
- By Yanking the Teeth Out of Dodd-Frank Act Ratings Rules, SEC Blunts Hope for Real Financial Reforms
- Why the Federal Reserve's Quantitative Easing Strategy Won't Save the US Economy
- With Kickbacks on Force Placed Insurance, the U.S. Mortgagegate Scandal Just Gets Deeper
- Republican Midterm Election Victories Could Crush Stocks and Bonds Before Sending Them Higher
- The "Mortgagegate" Scandal: Congratulations America, You're Now in the Title-Insurance Business