A Supreme Court Obamacare ruling in the hotly contentious Burwell v. Hobby Lobby case was just issued this morning (Monday).
In a 5-4 ruling, the High Court decided that closely held, for-profit corporations can choose to opt out of the Obamacare provisions that require employers to provide no-cost contraceptive prescriptions to employees.
Here’s what the Hobby Lobby Obamacare decision means for U.S. healthcare – and your wallet…
Dow Jones Today: All Eyes on Obamacare Ruling
Dow Jones today, June 30, 2014: The Dow Jones Industrial Average was flat on Friday despite a rise in consumer sentiment. This week, look for a heavy slate of economic reports, including the June unemployment report, factory orders, and the ISM manufacturing composite index.Here’s the news moving the Dow Jones today:
Obamacare: This One-Act Tragedy Is Nothing but a Bill of Goods
The future of Obamacare isn't bright.
That's because the Affordable Care Act is going to be anything but affordable. It's going to get more and more expensive, as if it's not already outrageously overpriced hype.
What is Obamacare, really? It's a make-richer scheme for insurance companies.
And while you can bet you'll see a premium increase this year, the real pain will begin in 2017 - and then get progressively worse.This is an abomination...
These Stocks Will Prosper Regardless of Obamacare's Fate
Now that all the key deadlines for Obamacare have finally taken effect, a lot of tech investors are busy trying to figure out how this will affect their portfolios.
It's easy to see why. This is the largest and most fundamental change to hit the healthcare sector in decades.
Not only that, but Wall Street is currently trying to pick the winners from the losers - and frankly isn't doing a particularly good job of it.
Fact is, Obamacare is at least partly responsible for some of the biotech sector's recent sell-off... Full StoryRead More...
- Obamacare Premiums in 2015 to "Skyrocket" The headaches from Obamacare's rocky rollout are not going to end any time soon - if ever. Yesterday healthcare industry officials let slip that premiums in many states will "skyrocket" in 2015. And when they say "skyrocket," they're talking about rates that almost no one can afford...
Today's Stock Market News And Earnings Calendar
Stock market news, March 14, 2014: The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 231.19% on Thursday to close at 16,108.89. The Nasdaq slipped 1.46% to finish at 4,260.42. The S&P 500 dropped 1.17% to end the day at 1,846.35.
Here's the top news affecting the markets today...To continue reading, please click here...
- Obamacare Facts: Why the Unions Feel Betrayed After working tirelessly to get Obamacare passed - and spending millions of dollars in the process - labor unions have become some of the healthcare law's most vocal critics. The unions have a long list of grievances, although some non-union members may find it hard to sympathize...
The New Obamacare Delay Is Purely Political
Yesterday (Wednesday), the Obama administration announced a new Obamacare delay as a political move to protect vulnerable Democrats during midterm elections.
Insurers are now permitted to keep offering health insurance plans that don't meet the coverage requirements mandated by Obamacare. The extension will presently last for two years.To continue reading, please click here...
- Obamacare Facts: 65% of Small Businesses Face Disruptive Rate Hikes Back in 2009, the Democrats said Obamacare would save small businesses money. But a new government report says that nearly two out of every three small businesses will be paying higher insurance premiums because of the healthcare law. That leaves many small business owners with some very tough choices...
New CBO Report Shows Obamacare Joblessness Worse Than We Thought
The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) reported in Aug. 2010 that Obamacare would increase joblessness. But a new report shows the CBO greatly underestimated both how many jobs would be lost and the reason behind losing them.
The 2010 CBO report showed that the healthcare law would result in 800,000 fewer jobs by 2021.
The report said this Obamacare-prompted joblessness would be caused by employers' response to Obamacare penalties. Employers would cut hours, hire fewer workers, and lower wages in order to avoid penalties for failing to offer insurance to employees who work more than 30 hours per week.
But here's what the CBO is saying now...To continue reading, please click here...
How Obamacare Has Failed the Uninsured in One Chart
That the Affordable Care Act has so far fallen well short of its primary goal of providing coverage for most of the nation's 48 million uninsured has become increasingly clear as the sign-up data has trickled out.
So far, 3 million people have signed up for Obamacare, less than half of the target number of 7 million enrollees estimated by the Congressional Budget Office.To continue reading, please click here...
Obamacare Cybersecurity Bill Not Enough to Protect Personal Info
The Health Exchange Security and Transparency Act, H.R. 3811, is a one-sentence bill that simply requires customers to be notified of any Obamacare website security breach no later than two business days after its discovery. It was passed in a 291-122 vote, with 67 Democrats breaking ranks in support.
Prior to this bill, there was no legal requirement for the Department of Health and Human Services to notify an individual if his or her personal information had been breached.To continue reading click here...
- New Obamacare Taxes Will Slam the Middle Class in 2014 The Affordable Care Act may come with a host of new benefits and protections, but it also comes with a slew of new taxes, fees and fines to pay for them. But while many of the law's benefits have been in effect for a year or more, these new Obamacare taxes only became effective as of Jan. 1. Middle-class America, prepare to have your pocket picked...
- Are These Obamacare Changes Unconstitutional? The U.S. Supreme Court may have upheld the constitutionality of Obamacare in June of 2012. But what of the unilateral changes President Obama has made to the law since then? Are they constitutional? A group of 11 attorneys general say they are not, and that they illegally change the intent of the legislation. Here’s the story behind this letter of the (Obamacare) law…
- Update: Flailing Obamacare Website Swallows $1 Billion in U.S. Taxpayer Dollars Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told Congress the dysfunctional Obamacare website, Healthcare.gov, cost $175 million. Meanwhile, the Government Accountability Office came up with a $394 million price tag. But a Bloomberg Government Analysis has tallied up its true cost - a cool $1 billion. Now wait until you see how all that taxpayer money was spent...
- Sebelius Testimony Exposes an Alarming Truth About Obamacare The website has been a disaster. Millions of people who need to shop for health insurance on Healthcare.gov because they've gotten cancellation notices can't because the site is down most of the time. Now HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, in her testimony to Congress, drops yet another bombshell that could scare people away for good. How could this have been allowed to happen?