Money Morning Staff Reports- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Money Morning'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Stock Market 0 Thursday, May 28, 2020Markets Live Recap: Dow Turns Negative After President Trump Announces China Conference
Another 2.13 million Americans filed for unemployment over the past week, once again outpacing Wall Street's estimate of 2.05 million.
That means, nearly 41 million Americans have submitted jobless claims since the coronavirus pandemic gripped economies around the world.
That news was overshadowed by the by the four million people who discontinued their unemployment benefits over the same timeframe.
Continuing jobless claims fell from 25 million last week to 21 million this week.
That's largely due to states reopening their economies to various extents.
Stocks rallied for most of the trading session, with the Dow up 0.8% mid-day.
But then the big news of the day occurred at the end, when President Trump announced he will be giving a news conference regarding the China situation with Hong Kong tomorrow.
Here's what our experts – Chris Johnson and Shah Gilani – saw throughout Thursday's volatile trading session.Read more...
- InvestingThe Best Options Trade on Robinhood Now Could Pop 200%
- Stock Market Wednesday, May 27, 2020Markets Live Recap: The S&P 500 Closes Above Its 200-Day Moving Average
- InvestingThe Best Penny Stock to Buy Today Has 120% Upside
- Stock Market Tuesday, May 26, 2020Markets Live Recap: Stocks Surge on Economic Reopening Optimism and a Potential COVID-19 Vaccine
- Airline Stocks Friday, May 22, 2020Is Now a Good Time to Buy Airline Stocks?
- Stock Market Thursday, May 21, 2020Markets Live Recap: Stocks Sell Off After Another 2.44 Million Americans Lose Their Jobs
- Stock Market Wednesday, May 20, 2020Markets Live Recap: Facebook and Amazon Rally to New All-Time Highs
- OptionsThe Best Options to Buy Now for a 233% Gain
- Stock Market Tuesday, May 19, 2020Markets Live Recap: Why Stocks Gave Back Nearly Half of Yesterday's Rally