Start the conversation
The Dow jumped 260 points (1.1%) to close the week as oil extended its rebound from the -$40 levels it touched Tuesday.
The June 2020 crude oil contracts are now trading for about $17, which is $53 higher than the -$40 number posted earlier in the week. Despite the rebound, it's still down about 43% over the past two weeks.
Investors also weighed the possibility of Gilead Science Inc.'s (NASDAQ: GILD) new drug, remdesivir, treating coronavirus patients. It's to be seen whether it will be effective for the mass population or not…
Here's what our experts – Chris Johnson, Tom Gentile, D.R. Barton, Jr., and Shah Gilani – saw as we closed out another volatile week on Wall Street.
- Two earnings results Chris is watching today:
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ) – Chris is bullish because it beat expectations on earnings by $0.04, has positive momentum, and pays a solid 4.3% dividend. Look for the stock to break about $60.
- Intel Corp. (NASDAQ: INTC) – Chris is bearish because management announced they expect demand from enterprise and governments to weaken in the second half of the year. Look for the stock to drop back below $50.
- Chris thinks the retail apocalypse is just starting and investors should avoid these companies at all costs: Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. (NYSE: SKT), Simon Property Group Inc. (NYSE: SPG), and Macerich Co. (NYSE: MAC).
- Tom taught his viewers how to place options trades on some of the most popular stocks today:
- Since there's no "one perfect" options trade for everybody, Tom gave his viewers multiple ways to play these stocks. You can get all those trades from Tom's live stream video archive, here.
- D.R. covered the COVID-19 numbers around the world.
- The curve could be close to leveling, but D.R. doesn't expect the economy to fully open anytime soon. And that will drag on most stocks.
- D.R. talked about oil and thinks the commodity's recent move to the upside makes sense relative to the negative levels we were at earlier this week.
- But he's concerned about demand levels with many economies shut down around the world.
- Here are the short-term levels all investors should be watching next week, including the support and resistance levels in the S&P 500 D.R.'s watching.
- Like most investors, Shah doesn't believe the total COVID-19 numbers coming out of China.
- He thinks its economy will be impacted much more than the 50 million to 60 million people the country is claiming were quarantined. This could have a negative ripple effect throughout the globe if China isn't able to manufacture and export goods.
- In the early weeks of the quarantine, Shah did not recommend going long into the weekends because more bad news could potentially come out and drop stocks.
- But since the S&P 500 closed up 1.4% today, he thinks investors are beginning to change their minds about that.
- This weekend, Shah will be reevaluating his picks and revealing some of his best trade opportunities to make money on Monday.
Catch us Monday – starting LIVE again at 8:45 a.m. EDT with Chris Johnson, right here.
If you missed our live streams today, you can now replay them on our YouTube channel, here.
This Fast Money Move Could Make You $4,238
America's No.1 Pattern Trader is going live on camera to show readers how they can make hundreds, even thousands, of dollars in extra income.
You see, he's found a way to predict the future buying patterns of nearly every stock on the market. And with this trick, he's lining up major payday appointments left and right.
We're talking about cashing in on some of the biggest stocks on the market: Netflix, Apple, Facebook, even Amazon.
The best part is this options trading strategy is super easy to understand and even easier to put into action.
All it takes is three simple steps, a few clicks of your mouse, and you're on your way to what could be life-changing wealth…