Start the conversation
Expect the Dow Jones today to rise ahead of 2 p.m. as investors anticipate the first interest rate cut by the Federal Reserve in more than a decade. More details below.
Plus: Beyond Meat Inc. (NASDAQ: BYND) is down, but not out. Here's why.
Here are the numbers from Tuesday for the Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq:
|Index||Previous Close||Point Change||Percentage Change|
You Have to See This to Believe It: America's favorite "shark" debuts the Angels & Entrepreneurs Summit. Watch now…
Now, here's a closer look at today's Money Morning insight, the most important market events, and stocks to watch.
The Top Stock Market Stories for Wednesday
- It's all about the Federal Reserve. This afternoon, the U.S. central bank will announce whether it will cut interest rates for the first time in more than a decade. Fed Chair Jerome Powell will speak later today at the conclusion of the Federal Open Market Committee meeting. Markets have 100% priced in a rate cut by the Fed. However, the debate is over whether the central bank should cut rates by 25 basis points or 50 basis points. Expect the markets to rise ahead of 2 p.m. and a lot of mixed emotions.
- U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin met with Chinese Vice Premier Liu He in Shanghai this morning. The two sides are attempting to resolve a yearlong trade dispute. U.S. President Donald Trump said earlier this week that China should agree to a deal before the 2020 election. The president hinted that any deal will worsen for China if he wins a second term.
Robert Herjavec: Indisputable Proof That Anybody Can Get Rich Through Angel Investing
When Neil Patel launched the Angels & Entrepreneurs Summit, he had only planned to invite a small group of guests to join him and guest "shark" Robert Herjavec… but then Neil revealed something truly shocking.
During this clip (about halfway through the event), he reveals indisputable proof that anybody can transform their life through angel investing.
We knew we had to show this event to everyone – the information is just too valuable to keep under wraps.
Stocks to Watch Today: BYND, AAPL, QCOM
- Shares of Beyond Meat Inc. (NASDAQ: BYND) are sliding after a weaker earnings report. However, the stock is still well above 200% after its IPO. And finding companies like this is actually easier than you think. If you're looking for the next triple-digit gainer, you need to look right here. This could change your fortunes for the rest of your life.
- Shares of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) popped more than 4.5% after the tech giant topped earnings expectations on Tuesday. Despite a slump in iPhone sales, the firm reported a 1% year-over-year increase in revenue. The firm reported quarterly revenue of $53.81 billion. However, Apple profits dipped 13% to $10.04 billion. Though its EPS of $2.18 topped Wall Street expectations, it was the third straight quarter where Apple's profits dipped.
- Look for earnings reports from Qualcomm Inc. (NASDAQ: QCOM), General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), Twilio Inc. (NASDAQ: TWLO), Fitbit Inc. (NYSE: FIT), Spotify Technology SA (NASDAQ: SPOT), Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC), and Apache Corp. (NYSE: APA).